Increase monthly membership

Lastresrt01

Last year saw a number of great content updates and improvements to the game, and this was just the beginning. We have some ambitious plans for 2012, as we continue to invest more than ever before in RuneScape to add even more exciting updates and improvements to the game.

From the 1st of February 2012, we will be increasing the RuneScape membership prices for new members. The new 1 month membership price will be $7.95 in the US, £4.95 in the UK and €6.95 in the euro zone.

In appreciation of our existing members, there will be no change whatsoever to anyone who is a member before the 1st February. The price you pay now will be locked in for as long as you stay a loyal member and we will even allow a seven day grace period should you forget to renew.

If you’re a free player who was thinking about becoming a member, now is the perfect opportunity. Not only will you be able to experience all the benefits RuneScape membership offers, but you will also be able to secure the current price of $5.95/£3.50/€5.95! Simply sign up for membership before Wednesday 1st February*.

We’re also going to be making some tweaks to some payment options in order to simplify choosing a payment option. To find out more, or if you have any questions, head over to the FAQ here.

Thanks,

Daniel Clough

Vice President of RuneScape

*These prices are for one month credit card membership and will vary by territory and payment method

Would you pay 2 dollars a month more, for a laggy, glitchy game?

Edited by Lastresrt01

damn u mike... i just posted one right after you...

i think its bs,

-laggy/glichy game

-poor customer support(or at least from what i hear)

-was a decent price...but now :(

-bots are back and increasing

-may turn away new players from becomeing p2p

-not as good as WoW (but i guess still cheaper but u can sell your wow account or at least so iv hear)

why increase $2 ? i mean i can see them doing .50 cent to a $1...

Edited by FreeBall In

In appreciation of our existing members, there will be no change whatsoever to anyone who is a member before the 1st February. The price you pay now will be locked in for as long as you stay a loyal member and we will even allow a seven day grace period should you forget to renew.

Yeeeeah :happydance:

i think its bs,

-laggy/glichy game

-not as good as WoW (but i guess still cheaper but u can sell your wow account or at least so iv hear)

They're blaming it on their 'Graphical updates' and how they have no funding to continue them. So if we want them, we should pay more.

Yet...."In 2009, the Sunday Times listed them as the 566th richest men, worth an estimated £99 million and making Andrew Gower the 11th richest young entrepreneurs in the UK." - The Daily Telegraph - UK.

Hmm....

Better than WoW prices.

Its really only 2 dollars a month, if it was doubled to $10 I'd be pissed, but really, I have recurring and don't let it run out so its not a big deal to me. And besides, we pay $7.95 if you get an RS card at 7-11 or something.

As far as the glitchy game thing, who knows, maybe they'll use the money to fix it.

They're blaming it on their 'Graphical updates' and how they have no funding to continue them. So if we want them, we should pay more.

Yet...."In 2009, the Sunday Times listed them as the 566th richest men, worth an estimated £99 million and making Andrew Gower the 11th richest young entrepreneurs in the UK." - The Daily Telegraph - UK.

Hmm....

id rather they keep the graphics they were, hell i wouldnt mind them reverting graphics from like 2004-2011 it wouldnt bother me that much...but thats cause i play low detail and dont care about much about the rs graphic but if they do revert too rsc then it would bother me <3

Better than WoW prices.

Its really only 2 dollars a month, if it was doubled to $10 I'd be pissed, but really, I have recurring and don't let it run out so its not a big deal to me. And besides, we pay $7.95 if you get an RS card at 7-11 or something.

As far as the glitchy game thing, who knows, maybe they'll use the money to fix it.

well imo WoW is a better game which is why it cost more but i settle for rs cause its really cheap but now its getting up there were i would rather upgrade too wow and pay the few extra but i guess if my account loses the old price then i may quit rs or rarely become a memeber/play and move on.

I don't mind. I don't even have to pay it but if I did I wouldn't care. They've obviously done their research and have figured that they can squeeze $2 more out of new subscribers. So let them make their money.

Btw the Gowers cashed out; they aren't relevant to RS anymore.

ya'll need to invest in games like killing floor. $20 one time pay, lifetime of fun.

Is that game really good was thinking of buying it.

Edited by Glad2BeSean

I got the 6 months for 24 dollars. 4 dollars a month. :kanye:

League of Legends is free. 30 something million accounts.

Whenever I'm playin rs java crashes randomly every 15 minutes. can't do anything important because it just crashes whenever.

i think its bs,

-laggy/glichy game

Hmm....

Gowers sold off most of their ownership long time ago.

And in regard to the news: I'm willing to pay a buck or two more if it means they can get rid of bots and release more updates.

buy alot of pre-paid cards so jagex cant complain if it cant work because the price on the pree-paid card cant change

Why not just use a credit/debit card? Pre-paid cards means using gas going to the store, paying sales tax, and then having to enter in all of the codes. By the time you've done that, you've probably spent more money/effort than is worth saving $2 a month. And you won't even have to pay $2 extra if you are already subscribed. Same goes for pay by phone etc. I think.

ya'll need to invest in games like killing floor. $20 one time pay, lifetime of fun.

The problem with games that have one-time payments is that they don't have new content and the updates they do have are only to fix bugs and glitches. When they do release new content, you usually have to buy it as an expansion or a map pack. Whereas with RS, you pay $5-7 a month for a game that hundreds of employees are working on new content for, and there are 3-4 new things to do each month. Playing the same game over and over gets boring. That's why I don't play that shit Call of Duty series anymore.

Edited by Vigilant Foe

I just looked and there are currently 90k people on RuneScape at 11pm GMT which is probably peak time in general throughout the world... That's a poor amount of players. I remember playing at like 3pm GMT and there being at least 150k players on almost permanently.

I'm surprised that they think they're in a situation to charge an increased amount. That's ~£2 less than SW:TOR. I know I'd definitely rather pay to play that.