recovered it.....for now

Bobby

I'm fighting a hacker to retake control of my account, hes been able to access it after i reset my recoveries and everything.

edit: recovered it....for now. dont trade with me still just incase

hackers ip is 68.41.238.37

jackson, MI

edit: its giving me an address in NJ

1800 Bishops Gate Blvd

City: Mt Laurel

StateProv: NJ

PostalCode: 08054

RegDate: 2001-11-29

Updated: 2009-11-06

Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/org/CMCS

Edited by Bobby

rsn?

Didn't get as far down as Bobby's signature then?

no, didnt see it cause its gray and my skin for the fourms is tower... so it was harder to see it

give as much info as you can don't leave stuff blank.

dude i had everything filled out. i kept old trans records and everything and its getting denied, i even completely fill out the other information box to further prove its my account and nothing

At this point I'd recommend:

scanning your computer for keyloggers. You aren't an idiot and I don't even think you play the game so... It's possible to recover old accounts (like yours) without hardly any relevant information. It happened to virtually every old-school person at some point over the past year.

get a google mail account and link your rs account to it. Use your google mail account for nothing but the rs password account link. set up two-step verification so that if your google account requests a password change it has to be sent to your phone.

It kinda sucks that rs itself doesn't have any security features that requires computer validation or physical authenticators such as steamguard or online bank accounts or like blizzard where you get an authenticator for free, but rs doesn't make any money so you can't blame them... oh wait no, they just don't give a fuck if you lose your items and/or account.

At this point I'd recommend:

scanning your computer for keyloggers. You aren't an idiot and I don't even think you play the game so... It's possible to recover old accounts (like yours) without hardly any relevant information. It happened to virtually every old-school person at some point over the past year.

computers clean.

get a google mail account and link your rs account to it. Use your google mail account for nothing but the rs password account link. set up two-step verification so that if your google account requests a password change it has to be sent to your phone.

already did that, gotta love android phones

It kinda sucks that rs itself doesn't have any security features that requires computer validation or physical authenticators such as steamguard or online bank accounts or like blizzard where you get an authenticator for free, but rs doesn't make any money so you can't blame them... oh wait no, they just don't give a fuck if you lose your items and/or account.

answer to rafi: yes i created this account and have owned it since its creation. this makes me think that jagex has no care for account security and thats sad.

the first time my account had been recovered, the hacker was able to remove my email addy from the account without verfication coming to my email addy

Edited by Bobby

If you've used Credit card or Debit card in the past i'd just give the last 4 digits of your card. I got my account back immediately after hope that helps.

If you've used Credit card or Debit card in the past i'd just give the last 4 digits of your card. I got my account back immediately after hope that helps.

i got my account back at the moment. it took A LOT more then that to get my account back. i pratically had to have everything filled out

I'm fighting a hacker to retake control of my account, hes been able to access it after i reset my recoveries and everything.

edit: recovered it....for now. dont trade with me still just incase

hackers ip is 68.41.238.37

jackson, MI

edit: its giving me an address in NJ

1800 Bishops Gate Blvd

City: Mt Laurel

StateProv: NJ

PostalCode: 08054

RegDate: 2001-11-29

Updated: 2009-11-06

Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/org/CMCS

Comcast Cable

Tweet

1800 Bishops Gate Blvd

Mount Laurel, NJ 08054

(856) 317-7200 (800) 317-7200

http://www.switchboard.com/business/comcast-cable-mount-laurel-nj

in october i successfully appealed and regained control of my character - didn't try use recovery questions - i just filled out info as i saw fit - used p2p payment info from old screenshots going back to 2003 and i think within the same day had full control - shitty feeling no doubt so i feel for ya - best of luck dude

Edited by Shakazulu