Playing the 360 with a mouse + keyboard

Doc

I know you can hook up the keyboard to your 360 via USB (to send messages), but how bout the mouse? Seems like it would make FPS's much better. I did a few seconds of research and nothing great came up, was wondering what fellow Gladz thought about it

sounds like a plan. test it and find out, since this genre of systems is pretty compatible with PCs or so I think. I know I wanted to try using my controller on my pc, but never got around to doing it.

I know I wanted to try using my controller on my pc, but never got around to doing it.

That sounds like anti-gaming.

Useful for racing games.

Steering wheel/pedal set up for racing games :kanye:

I know you can hook up the keyboard to your 360 via USB (to send messages), but how bout the mouse? Seems like it would make FPS's much better. I did a few seconds of research and nothing great came up, was wondering what fellow Gladz thought about it

I know one of my buddies in my old CoD4 teams plays MW3 on his 360 with keyboard and mouse.. I'll ask him how he does it and get back at you in pm or on this topic.

I know one of my buddies in my old CoD4 teams plays MW3 on his 360 with keyboard and mouse.. I'll ask him how he does it and get back at you in pm or on this topic.

Thanks. I'd greatly appreciate it

wait there are controllers that i can plug into my usb and play pc games?

mind=blown

20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif

I think so. Not sure how you would get it to work though.

Apparently this is a wired Xbox 360 controller and the other end is a USB insert putter thinger. Can plug into a USB accepter thinger on your computer or xbox 360. I suppose you would plug it in to your computer, and the computer would detect it as "New Hardware" or whatever.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wired-Controller-Black/dp/B003ZSN600

I also found this when I looked that up:

http://www.amazon.com/Fragfx-Shark-360-Controller-PC-Mac/dp/B0052RLMGM/ref=pd_sim_vg_3

Supposed to be a mouse and something else you can play the xbox with. But for $70 and a shitty piece of equipment, no thanks. I'd much rather (somehow) program my keyboard to perform the Xbox 360 controller functions, along with my mouse.

And this is probably where you'd go to check out a controller on your computer:

thinkso.jpg

You can just plug a 360 controller in and it'll automatically download the drivers and work.

There ya go then, cpatel.

Do you know if you can plug a mouse into the 360 and work it? I haven't gotten a chance to try

You 100% can with a USB keyboard but I've never needed to try a mouse.

Well.. damn. If you hook up your 360 soon, could ya give it a try for me? I have used the keyboard to type before, it's damn convenient, but a mouse would just be very useful in a FPS

Doc, I asked my friend and he said he uses a mouse and keyboard adapter for his xbox 360.

This is the site he gave me where he purchased the adapter : http://xim3.com/

Hope that helps :)

I appreciate the link bud, but damn that's expensive. If only the 360 was compatible with a mouse..