Squeal of Fortune Update

Blazer

Where'd you find that out, Memphus?

I'm friends with one current Jagex mod, and one former. The only thing really confirmed is that Mod Chris L did indeed resign "to pursue other bla bla bla", according to the Twitterverse. However the rumours inside Jagex HQ is that it is because he was becoming very vocal regarding the player feedback against the buyable spins. The big bosses did not like that.

Edited by Memphus

Where'd you find that out, Memphus?

I'm friends with one current Jagex mod, and one former. The only thing really confirmed is that Mod Chris L did indeed resign "to pursue other bla bla bla", according to the Twitterverse. However the rumours inside Jagex HQ is that it is because he was becoming very vocal regarding the player feedback against the buyable spins. The big bosses did not like that.

uh no

Mod Chris L is their main content developer and he is at the forefront of the Evolution of Combat. He doesn't support SoF but he is their MAIN guy, and the only mod who is thought of positively by the players besides Mod Osborne.

...the fuck. I can't find the press release anymore. Maybe it WAS fake. All I can find is this youtube video, which definitely looks fake, but is bang on accurate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrGSRqHu1BY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Grrr called out and proven wrong by the notorious Vigilant Foe yet again. I will ask my Jagex "friend" again, maybe I or he got the name mixed up. What you said about Chris L is true.

• 4 weeks later...

These are the two staff members for Insight Venture Partners who directly manage Jagex, and thus control the fate of Jagex, and thus Runescape. Feel free to give them a call and let them know how you feel. (American phone numbers)

Jeff Horing

Managing Director

Phone: 212-230-9210

Email: jhoring@insightpartners.com

Assistant: Erica Harris eharris@insightpartners.com

Alex Crisses

Managing Director

Phone: 212-230-9201

Email: acrisses@insightpartners.com

Assistant: Erica Harris eharris@insightpartners.com

• 2 weeks later...

"Jeff Horing", "Alex Crisses", and "Insight Venture Partners" are now all filtered in-game and on RSOF.

Yeehaw.

EDIT: Actually just on forums

Edited by Memphus