do this :)

Bryce

Took the ACT this morning, no more of this.

Out of curiosity, are there 3 variables or is i the square root of -1 in this case?

people still take the ACT? why not just take the SAT. Science section in ACT is junk/useless.

I know the universities in Louisiana prefer the ACT over the SAT, or at least did when I graduated high school.

Can someone explain to me how the ">" changes to a "<" in the final step?

I'm only an engineer, and it makes no sense to me right now (a little drunk though)

I'm only an engineer, and it makes no sense to me right now (a little drunk though)

You're an engineer and you don't know!? your school has failed you. My excuse is, I forgot. But from what I remember, whenever you are dividing or multiplying by a negative to get one of the coefficients on one side, you gotta flip the "greater than, less than" symbol.

example: this guy found out they he was still buying drinks and forgot that happy hour was over. This is negatively multiplying the money that's coming out of his bank account, so he flips a table. He also thought that buying females drinks in the club was some sort of mating ritual and figured he would get some.

related: (?°?°??? ???

Edited by Emeraldwpn

You're an engineer and you don't know!? your school has failed you. My excuse is, I forgot. But from what I remember, whenever you are dividing or multiplying by a negative to get one of the coefficients on one side, you gotta flip the "greater than, less than" symbol.

example: this guy found out they he was still buying drinks and forgot that happy hour was over. This is negatively multiplying the money that's coming out of his bank account, so he flips a table. He also thought that buying females drinks in the club was some sort of mating ritual and figured he would get some.

Yeah after sleeping, I figured it out.

Because -10 is < -1, but if you divide both sides by -1, you get 10 < 1, so obviously the sign needs to be reversed.

Yeah after sleeping, I figured it out.

Because -10 is < -1, but if you divide both sides by -1, you get 10 < 1, so obviously the sign needs to be reversed.

I know all about making babies. yaoh yaoh yaoh yaoh

Edited by Emeraldwpn

I was mildly impressed that Hess had taken the time to solve the equation. Then I googled it. First image result :hmph:

:chuffed:

Good for you Hess. (Y)

I was mildly impressed that Hess had taken the time to solve the equation. Then I googled it. First image result :hmph:

I doubt you could have even solved it. :youmad:

Seriously? I never had the interest (or need) to advance past a certain point in math, but I still learned what I was taught, ass :hmph:

In fact, I did quite well in math in high school. Was even in Honors for a couple of years until I got tired of dealing with it :hmph:

P.S. I didn't actually attempt it so I don't know for sure, but there's a decent chance I would have forgotten to switch the inequality sign. I am seven years removed from my last math class, after all :P

Someone is mad :trollface:

Seriously? I never had the interest (or need) to advance past a certain point in math, but I still learned what I was taught, ass :hmph:

In fact, I did quite well in math in high school. Was even in Honors for a couple of years until I got tired of dealing with it :hmph:

P.S. I didn't actually attempt it so I don't know for sure, but there's a decent chance I would have forgotten to switch the inequality sign. I am seven years removed from my last math class, after all :P

Someone is mad :trollface:

I'm a month from graduating law school and three month from taking the Bar. Math is for peasants :kanye:

:youmad:

Edited by Joshjrn

Some things you don't use much after learning them. solving equations with inequalities are some of those things.