Recovering my account

Doc

jagex those fucking cunts

One year of inactivity and viola

They limit how much you can say. 200 word max. I can tell them everything there is to know about my account in about 2000 words. And they expect me to remember credit card details and things like that from 5-6 years ago.

jagex those fucking cunts

One year of inactivity and viola

They limit how much you can say. 200 word max. I can tell them everything there is to know about my account in about 2000 words. And they expect me to remember credit card details and things like that from 5-6 years ago.

Remember them, no. Do exactly what they say and write down the agreement numbers (or print them as they say) yes. You're just completely foolish if you don't keep those.

Telling them the IP has worked best for me.

I tried to recover an account that I had not logged into for a few years by telling them as much as I could, but got denied 2 or 3 times. It was an account that I was not the original owner of, but was given the account awhile back. So essentially all the info I was trying to use to recover the account was mostly bs that I just had to make a guess about. Anyways, eventually I found an old screenshot that had the IP address I regularly logged in from when I played and just told them that with pretty much no other info about the account. They accepted it after like 30 min, lol.

Since recovering an account that was not originally mine sounds kinda sketch, I will say that once I logged in I found out it had been recovered by the original owner during the time I had quit, so after he knew it was me he didn't care and told me I can have it back. He didn't care to play on it anymore and neither did I, so I ended up just giving it back to him and it has gone back to being an unused account again.

I still have my original agreement number from 2001, when members was first released for Runescape. I paid by mailing them a canadian $20 bill in the mail with a hand-written letter saying "membership for Memphus2k for 4 months please".

They accepted it, and mailed me back an agreement number, and instructions on how they would prefer that I use the conversion rate for future payments (the $5/mo US fee was like $7/mo in canadian, at the time)

Edited by Memphus

I still have my original agreement number from 2001, when members was first released for Runescape. I paid by mailing them a canadian $20 bill in the mail with a hand-written letter saying "membership for Memphus2k for 4 months please".

They accepted it, and mailed me back an agreement number, and instructions on how they would prefer that I use the conversion rate for future payments (the $5/mo US fee was like $7/mo in canadian, at the time)

That is awesome haha. Did you have to mail it to England then or did they have their USA payment office yet?

That is awesome haha. Did you have to mail it to England then or did they have their USA payment office yet?

They had a U.S. address that I mailed to. I didn't get members until like the 3rd month of it's existence. The selling feature for me was sound effects - badass!