new computer

Ninexblue

First disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

That said, I have a new notebook pc that won't run RS. It's running windows 7 home premium, 64 bit.

I've deleted and re-installed the latest java version 3 times now. I've tried disabling my firewall, antivirus program, and still get no results.

If I try to open RS in a browser, it just gives me a white screen where the game would load. I tried installing the game client and loading from there,

but no results from that either.

Anything else I should try, I'm open to any advice. Thanks!

Jizzlemastyx

Hey,

This is due to your version of Java - 7U05 is not yet compatible, so the solution here is to revert to a slightly older Java version instead. Firstly you will need to uninstall your current version following these steps:

1. Go to Start > Computer > Programs and Settings

(Note that in Windows XP this will be Start > Control panel > Add/Remove programs)

2. Uninstall all versions of Java

3. Remove any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.

Then head over to:

http://oracle.co­m/t...ds-1637595.html

From that page at the top of the list, accept the license agreement, and then select "Windows x86 Offline" to start the download.

quote from rs forums. try delete your jagex/runescape cache also

Err. Scratch that. What version of Java are you all running? If I try to dl a version other than 7u5 I get prompted to sign in with an Oracle account, and to sign up for that I need to give them an absurd amount of information about where I work etc. Arggh.