Anything bout y'all arguing:

Emeraldwpn

Driving cars. Manual master race. The list is endless of good reasons to drive a manual over an automatic. Do I actually have facts, quotes, and pages to back that claim up? nope.

Seriously, if driving a manual car is so bad, why is it so good? Checkmate automatic drivers.

Edited by Emeraldwpn

Manuals are far more trouble than they are worth in cities or in otherwise densely populated areas. In less densely populated areas, I would agree.

Manuals are far more trouble than they are worth in cities or in otherwise densely populated areas. In less densely populated areas, I would agree.

I will admit that manual in bumper-to-bumper traffic is terrible.

Depends really....

I mean, as a racer you want Manual

as an everyday driver, you want Automatic

since I'm a firm believer of keeping racing on the track and off the street, I'd stick with Automatic, but if I was gonna get a nice spiffy car like a Corvette or something, I'm getting stick.

I've only ever driven manual cars. When I turned 16 and got my license I got a manual car without even knowing how to drive it yet. That's how committed I was to learning. You guys haven't mentioned that standards also get better gas mileage than automatics, it's not strictly a performance thing.

Some people, myself included, enjoy the feeling of connecting with a car that has a manual transmission. It's almost about being one with the car and enjoying the art that driving can be.

I can't lie though, in stop and go traffic they fucking SUCK.

Automatic. Keeps things simple.

But for any applied driving you'd want a stick. More control over gear changes for elevation changes, corners, etc.