RuneScape'd

Alex

Who remembersx going to include authenticaters but didn't want to because it was borderline rwt since you had to pay for it plus you would be given an accommodated increased bank space

Nice to see the double standard

They said on the forums they'll be releasing a news update sometime within the next couple days addressing the anger and concerns regarding the possibility of buying advantages through micro-transactions. Odds are it'll be a useless post, but hey. At least they are acknowledging the fact that people hate this shit.

A dark heart - too bad any new itema are also going to cost money. No more regular content updates ever, just more microtransactions.

So now we'll have to pay for bank space to store our paid-for items. Great

So your saying that they won't come out with new boss monsters and new items that are dropped from them but rather they are just gonna make it so you can buy those new items we saw during the beta? I don't mean to come off as an ass or anything but I highly doubt they would end up making you pay for every single item in the game, but you could say that paying for membership is paying for those items. Plus they gotta make money somehow, because I doubt they would be making enough to do updates and these little commercials they have off of just memberships that are about $7 (but that's my opinion).

Edited by A Dark Heart

They've been making enough to release huge great updates every week. Huge new cities, epic quests, long-lasting minigames - all off of just $5/month memberships. And actually for the first year of the game, before P2P even existed, we got all those updates just off of banner ad revenues.

Saying that they need the money to create updates is quite ignorant. They need the money so their revenues for this year are extremely high so the value of their stock skyrockets, thus IVP makes huge bank when they sell Jagex. The sad part is that this results in the destruction of the game. Look at every company that IVP has "flipped" and see how their games are doing.

A dark heart - too bad any new itema are also going to cost money. No more regular content updates ever, just more microtransactions.

So your saying that they won't come out with new boss monsters and new items that are dropped from them but rather they are just gonna make it so you can buy those new items we saw during the beta? I don't mean to come off as an ass or anything but I highly doubt they would end up making you pay for every single item in the game, but you could say that paying for membership is paying for those items. Plus they gotta make money somehow, because I doubt they would be making enough to do updates and these little commercials they have off of just memberships that are about $7 (but that's my opinion).

there won't be any new boss monsters for a while probably lol...we've had 1 update all of august..or well 2...1 shit quest, and 1 shit minigame.... new boss? that will not happen

I don't see this as a problem. In TF2 you can hold 300 items after becoming premium (one time fee of buying something from the Mann Co. Store) And if you want more you can buy a backpack expander.

there won't be any new boss monsters for a while probably lol...we've had 1 update all of august..or well 2...1 shit quest, and 1 shit minigame.... new boss? that will not happen

I honestly wouldn't know but don't they still come out with new monsters and items Alex? Just for the sake of argument say that the combat beta shit brings in more people don't you possibly think they will be coming out with new npc's to kill along with new rewards from mini games and what not to keep people interested and coming back so they can make more profit? Also don't you think that they have a plan for the few items they showed in the beta that are not currently released yet?

Edited by A Dark Heart

I honestly wouldn't know but don't they still come out with new monsters and items Alex? Just for the sake of argument say that the combat beta shit brings in more people don't you possibly think they will be coming out with new npc's to kill along with new rewards from mini games and what not to keep people interested and coming back so they can make more profit? Also don't you think that they have a plan for the few items they showed in the beta that are not currently released yet?

They have a plan to release a Kalphite King probably next year. That will be the last boss in RuneScape before it dies. Also they want to implement level 99 requirement gear which won't be from monsters gudfite jagex.

They have a plan to release a Kalphite King probably next year. That will be the last boss in RuneScape before it dies. Also they want to implement level 99 requirement gear which won't be from monsters gudfite jagex.

vig sometimes i wonder how the hell you know this stuff...

Has he ever been wrong? Rarely.

And you have yet to respond to your own foolish statement: "I doubt they would be making enough to do updates and these little commercials they have off of just memberships that are about $7 (but that's my opinion)"

Because Jagex lived for 10 years off of a $5/month membership fee, and during that time they gave us TEN TIMES as many real updates as they do now.

I don't see this as a problem. In TF2 you can hold 300 items after becoming premium (one time fee of buying something from the Mann Co. Store) And if you want more you can buy a backpack expander.

Isn't TF2 a F2P game? I personally have no issue with F2P and B2P games selling all kinds of shit, but a subscription based game really has no business selling anything but strict cosmetic items.

Krista how many times must I tell you, nobody cares how poor you are.

10:49

0:14