Botany Bay?

Koffin Cat

Botany Bay (free and members)

As you have no doubt read, we're almost ready to reveal our latest and greatest blow against the evil botters that pollute the game. While the Engine and System teams have been fixing, testing and improving the system, we thought it would be great if all players were able to get involved in punishing these clockwork menaces...so weve created Botany Bay.

After a cheating, rule-breaking, botting account has been caught in the act, they will be teleported to Botany Bay: a new location, hidden on a dark, foreboding island and run by the Botfinder General. Here, real players will be invited to listen to a fully voiced speech from the General, while pelting the offender with rotten tomatoes. You'll then be invited to choose one of three game-ending punishments for the offender, resulting in a brutal set of animations and a permanent ban. Youll be able to hear about ongoing trials via the announcers that sit near several busy in-game locations. They will also offer a handy teleport to anyone nearby.

For those actually voting and choosing the account-ending punishments, youll also be able to access new cosmetic rewards, including a flaming pitchfork emote.

dumbest fucking thing ever

I third this sentiment, but I'm all for some public humiliation

Spoiler

I know some old acquaintances who still actively bot, can't say I would hesitate to do this to them.

Edited by Kiwibird

just ban them and get it over with, dont need a bunch of 12 year olds sitting around circle jerkin each other. Not like it matters anyway there will always be another wave of new botting programs

Yeah, because botters are so concerned with how random schmucks on the internet think about them, and would kill themselves if they were to receive such public shame! This will surely prevent anyone from botting in the future!

What happens if they just log the bot out?

Bots are smart enough to log back in.

I mean, the bot owner manually logging out

Oh. Everything would probably go on as usual. I doubt the festivities would halt if the bot owner logs out, he'd probably get banned while missing out on how his character got maimed.