Dragon Longsword Appreciation Thread

Steven

While the Dragon Scimitar has earned it's title of being the best Dragon weapon (claws don't count), I say that the Dragon Longsword is still a great weapon and has withstood the test of time. The Dragon Longsword has existed since classic and held it's prestigous reputation for a long time; But now it's just looked at as a noobs weapon. It used to always be my weapon of choice, it was a great weapon and had a great spec. Not many weapons can hold both of those titles (Korasi and Godswords are the only ones that come to mind.). The main reason I don't use it much anymore is because of it's unattractiveness. I wish they'd change the holding position and it's overall look in general. But still a pretty damn good weapon.

So who's with meh?

Dragon Longsword > Dragon Scimitar

The Dragon Longsword is the greatest weapon RuneScape has ever seen. Anyone who says otherwise is just wrong.

All of the metal weapons (all rune, dragon, etc) have recieved extensive graphical updates. They are visible in the EoC Beta. They look fucking amazing.

All of the metal weapons (all rune, dragon, etc) have recieved extensive graphical updates. They are visible in the EoC Beta. They look fucking amazing.

Dragon Longsword is still the same, and it won't matter anyway without the spec.

Dragon Longsword is still the same, and it won't matter anyway without the spec.

No, it looks much different. The new graphic isn't visible in the regular game, only in the EoC Beta.

100px-Dragon_longsword_detail_%28beta%29.png

And having no special doesn't matter, because ALL weapons of the same tier (dragon) do the same DPS. So there is no difference between a shortsword and a longsword, except that one does stab and the other does slash. You use the one that exploits your enemies weakness.

Edited by Memphus

In fact, just for you, I went ahead and logged into the Beta to show you the new graphics.

Here is me holding the Dragon Longsword in my offhand, with the Dragon Battleaxe in my mainhand.

dragonweapons.png

Personally, I LOVE the new Rune weapon graphics. If you guys really want I could take screenshots of some of those. Or you could just log into the Beta yourselves :P