Jagex Account Guardian

Shinydude

This post was meant to help you guys out if you get yourself caught up in a tiny dilemma I just went through..

As some of you may or may not know, Jagex Account Guardian serves as an extra layer of security.

It allows your account to be identified and logged into by only trusted devices for either a temporary, or permanent set of time.

In order to disable the feature, grant access to another device, or delete a device from using your account given that the username and password are known, you must know your recovery questions set by Jagex Account Guardian.

In the rare event that you forget your answers, due to case-sensitive letters used, or mis-spellings, you're not able to grant access to another device, delete a device, or even disable Jagex Account Guardian.

In my case, I couldn't remember how I spelled out some of my answers, due to variations of the same possible answer. (For security reasons, I won't be providing the info I mispelled but I will give an example)

i.e.

"What was the dream job of your childhood."

If you put: marine

and about 5 months later you buy a new laptop and try to grant access, although you still remember it was something to do with the marines, you have to get the answer spot-on.

Answering: "Marines, the marines, marine corps, a marine" will not work. Which isn't cool.

Luckily, given that your provide Jagex with enough information, they can over-ride Jagex Account Guardian and disable it, also removing your security questions, just be sure you remember your answers next time and be more careful on the questions you set!

They will ask you quite a few questions to make sure you are the account holder, but once everything is in order, they will disable it.

I was able to get a response within 1 hour or less, so good luck to those that face this same problem in the future, if any.

The e-mail to contact them is:

JAG@jagex.com

"JAG" stands for Jagex Account Guardian.

I do not own Jagex, nor claim to be affiliated with Jagex LTD. This information is provided to you, a clan-mate for your own beneficial purposes in dealing with issues you may have with using Jagex Account Guardian.

Thanks for taking a read!

BPYsd.png

odLZT.png

Edited by Shinydude

OMG you talked to a mod?!

Lol India, I communicate with them pretty often, I'm just no p-mod. Suggesting Ideas, giving feedback and so-forth.

nice and grats on getting back control of your JAG

Thanks Mr. Veggie Tales. :)

Write your question answers down somewhere. There's a better tip :reporter:

True that! I will be doing that next time!

This happened to me as well. The dumb part is that when they remove jag, it deletes your recoveries as well.. And you can't set recoveries anymore without Jag (I tried). So it's all gay!