ACT rant

Emeraldwpn

Although awesome things happened in the other thread. My day actually didn't start off too well. It's been damn near a decade since i took the ACT. The reason why I had to take it today is for my dental hygiene school, fucking baka. Anyway, the biggest part they look for is reading. Well, get to the reading part and thought i was doing good pacing. Come to find out, i had 5 minutes left with 10 more questions to go. Did shitastic on the math part. These combinations put me in a bad mood. I don't even know why we need the friggn ACT. The classes required to become a dental hygienist should be enough. FUCK! Although, this is just one of the schools for dental hygiene. The other one doesn't require ACT, but i wouldn't be able to apply till 2013 which would get me in classes 2014. The one requiring ACT would get me in 2013; that's giving I pass everything.

I think I made like a 32 or 33 last year (in my Sophomore year).

I took the ASVAB for my 3rd time last Tuesday. Feel like I did extremely well.

Oh, and if you're worried about time limits, never take the ASVAB haha. Very time restricted. For example, in the Mathematics Knowledge section, 35 questions in like 30 minutes, with the material going up to pre-calc. The Paragraph Comprehension is like, 5 seperate page-long short stories with around 4 questions each. You have like 13 minutes. They do this on purpose so you're also functioning under stress. Each section has less time than questions.

Edited by Doc

Oh, and if you're worried about time limits, never take the ASVAB haha. Very time restricted. For example, in the Mathematics Knowledge section, 35 questions in like 30 minutes, with the material going up to pre-calc. The Paragraph Comprehension is like, 5 seperate page-long short stories with around 4 questions each. You have like 13 minutes. They do this on purpose so you're also functioning under stress. Each section has less time than questions.

mfw i have taking the ASVAB to get into the military

mfw you forgot

mfw i have been forgotten

mfw i'm going to go get drunk because I just took an A&P quiz and got a 85% on it. Are you fucking kidding me. FUCK THIS DAY in terms of education.

mfw you forgot

mfw i'm going to go get drunk because I just took an A&P quiz and got a 85% on it. Are you fucking kidding me. FUCK THIS DAY in terms of education.

:jade:

never knew you took the asvab. How'd you do?

mfw you forgot

Just good enough to become military police. I didn't take the test seriously because I wanted to do some combat

mfw you forgot

Just good enough to become military police. I didn't take the test seriously because I wanted to do some combat

o god

my sides are ripping

:lolface:

mfw you forgot

o god

my sides are ripping

:lolface:

i don't get it :(

I only took the SAT. Can you take the ACT however many times you want? If that's the case, you can always take it again if your current score isn't good enough. I don't know how soon your applications are due, but you might be able to find another testing opening.

Edited by Knightmare25

I only took the SAT. Can you take the ACT however many times you want? If that's the case, you can always take it again if your current score isn't good enough. I don't know how soon your applications are due, but you might be able to find another testing opening.

Yes, you can take the ACT as many times as you want.

At least you don't get penalized on the ACT for wrong answers, Keith.

Seem way to smart to want to actually go into combat

I figured if i was joining the military, might as well do something i can't do on the outside. But that's an entire story on itself. Btw, thanks for the compliment

Edited by Emeraldwpn

Yes, you can take the ACT as many times as you want.

At least you don't get penalized on the ACT for wrong answers, Keith.

Yeah you can take it multiple times. I already signed up for the next one. Sucks that you have to take the test each and every time you go to apply for the dental school. Also, i didn't know you don't get penalized for wrong answers.