Windows 8

Pyrolord

Moveurasets has.

From what people have told me about it, it's the same thing as W7 (almost) but with less reqs?

Doesn't make sense to me but yeah...

Another person to ask would be Shinydude. He's had it for a couple weeks now from what I understand.

I heard it was exactly the same as windows 7 under the new desktop UI. It's £24.99 to upgrade to Win8 so I'm tempted to get it for my parents but I'm not sure how user friendly it is.

i'm not sure if i should really upgrade, i've seen it and i personally do not like the new look.. and i don't see any new benefits other than the new template really

I only recently got 7. (H)

Finally ended your Amish ways?

i'm not sure if i should really upgrade, i've seen it and i personally do not like the new look.. and i don't see any new benefits other than the new template really

I don't really either, some of the it can be edited.

I really want to play with it, but I have nothing I can put it on to test it out. :jade:

I've been having a fully activated copy of Windows 8 since September. It's a plus for advanced users that your average noob may not appreciate. You can probably google the new features Windows 8 has to offer, but so far, there's quite a few things i like and don't like.

The MetroUI is nice, it does take some getting used to, but I like it. Integration with Messaging Services with the Messaging App is nice, I can be on RS and messaging, and fluidly switch between the two without needing to go to live messenger and another tab for facebook messaging so i appreciate that.

Streaming from your accounts are done simultaneously, so say you have 4 users, and they all allow sharing, it'll stream all 4 as media servers, whether or not they are logged in, given that each granted permission on private/public networks.

Admin tools are all located on the bottom-left corner with a simple right-click.

Ending a session is pretty easy, just drag from the top and slide it to the bottom of your screen. On the left-hand side you can switch between tabs of apps, and your desktop. The Bottom right hand side gives quick access to sharing, searching, projecting your screen to other devices, and common settings.

They also seem to show their cloud-based integration with Windows SkyDrive for files, photos, etc.

I like how they meshed Microsoft Account to bring their account services under a single roof. Your Live account, and Xbox Account, as well as Zune account can all be joint together into your Microsoft Account. Say you have more than one PC, you put your lockscreen, and desktop background, given that you have internet access, as you switch PCs, your Account Picture will sync within all your devices, as well as your lockscreen image and background.

A few things I don't like is the drop of support for Intel's Graphics Cards of older generations. Some may never get updated, and some may be delayed, so that's a bit of inconvenience dependent on how old your laptop is..

Task Manager got a nice revamp, as well as the UI of the explorer window when you copy files or delete them, showing more details reveals a nice graphical chart in real-time showing you the Mpbs transfer speed of deleting, copying, or moving your files.

All in all, I give this a step forward than a step backward.

This comes from a Windows User who went through all Windows OSes from Windows 95 and onwards.

There's alot of under-the-hood fixes that speed up and optimize the entire experience, which is in the kernel-side of the OS.

This is the first Windows OS to include Built-In Antivirus which is spot-on (for now) It was able to locate all of my hack tools, and it of course, asks you to allow or deny access at your will.

There are many more great things to come.

Edited by Shinydude

All the computers at my school have windows 8. Not really different from 7, unless your using a tablet. You can get it for $15 if you have windows 7.

https://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com

you can just lie on everything, they don't check.

windows-8-will-probably-suck-4150-1317141475-7.jpg

i remember playing games on nickelodeon.com using windows 95 when i was 6 years old. good fucking time.s

Edited by Cpatel23

All the computers at my school have windows 8. Not really different from 7, unless your using a tablet. You can get it for $15 if you have windows 7.

https://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com

you can just lie on everything, they don't check.

windows-8-will-probably-suck-4150-1317141475-7.jpg

i remember playing games on nickelodeon.com using windows 95 when i was 6 years old. good fucking time.s

honestly, because of that chart, I'm getting windows 8. My computer teacher bought that up to our class's attention couple years ago. Plus, why always get the update of something so close to one another. That's like getting your oil changed exactly at 3k miles every single time. You can push that car to 5k and be just fine.

protip: I don't know much about cars.

Edited by Emeraldwpn

O yes, Me and my husband upgraded to windows 8, me I just like to game and do pics, my website and so on. My husband says he likes it more than windows7 Me I don't care it does seem a little faster to load. I think it is ok if you are not really computer literate I would not really recommend it. It is different and takes a little getting use to but for we got it for $15 ea because we have brand new comps. If you are good with computers I think it is a good upgrade :P