Who thinks eoc is going to kill rs?

Crazedmage72

Just something i noticed today when i was hopping for the war. Most of the f2p worlds had less than 100 people on it and most p2p worlds had like 600 if that (which i think used to usually be around 900). So ye, just wondering, who thinks eoc will eventually kill rs?

Well no way to be sure, figuring the update hasn't been out to long a decent amount of people may just still be in tantrum mode :3

Although I can see why a lot of people are not fans of it.

I think this was talked about in TS, but here's my view on it, Black Ops 2 has been out for a while now, PC, Xbox360, & PS3 users respectively all have 400k-500k+ people online, some of those are Runescape players from each respective console, i guarantee you the ones who are upset are on that game atm, or some other console/PC game to cool-off their adrenaline (see what i did there?) Say Jagex killed this generation, there are still newer generations to replace them, kind of like the military, if a few good men give their lives, there will be newer generations to give their lives as well. Idk, too much factors, and things change. While RS was more packed with players at some point, it's not entirely dead yet.

You know, I think they can never really get it back. Back in like 2005 or so, they had a great balance of items that made PKing balanced, exciting, and addictive. And in the course of adding new content and trying to one up previous weapons/armor, that balance became perverted. There is literally no way to go back to that era and that wonderful balance that made it possible to be a skiller or a pker or both and enjoy it.

Instead of the EOC, they should have just worked their nuts off making the game html5 compatible and playable on tablets, consoles or whatever else.

Meh..

I think they'll have a far easier time gaining new players.

Maybe, but I wonder if they can keep them for any length of time. For every 50 games that pop up, only a few survive. I think RS has nothing left to make it really outstanding anymore.

Instead of the EOC, they should have just worked their nuts off making the game html5 compatible and playable on tablets, consoles or whatever else.

Meh..

They are going to be doing that in 2013.

Yeah, I'd read that. I just meant that in order to thrive in the industry, they need to innovate and not imitate. If they'd have prepared for the tablet/smartphone revolution a year or two earlier that could have been the deal maker.

The eoc update wouldn't really kill off rs since there's a good amount of people who don't play for just pking so they should be fine for a wile. It will probably more or less be the stockholders that kill of the game in 1-2 years. You also have to take into consideration that there's a lot more games to play like cod/gw2/star wars/ect and you have to take into consideration the younger generation is more or less interested in fps games like cod compared to games like rs.

I think this was talked about in TS, but here's my view on it, Black Ops 2 has been out for a while now, PC, Xbox360, & PS3 users respectively all have 400k-500k+ people online, some of those are Runescape players from each respective console, i guarantee you the ones who are upset are on that game atm, or some other console/PC game to cool-off their adrenaline (see what i did there?) Say Jagex killed this generation, there are still newer generations to replace them, kind of like the military, if a few good men give their lives, there will be newer generations to give their lives as well. Idk, too much factors, and things change. While RS was more packed with players at some point, it's not entirely dead yet.

I agree with you but thing is, newer generations won't grow up playing runescape. Few will for sure no doubt about that. But majority of the kids will get hooked to what is already out there catching the attention of all the kids who sees more commercials about ps3 and 360 than runescape. So the game won't be given the fair chance to grow because theres no way to get it out there. Its only the people who are here now. Plus runescape is not as awesome as other games on consoles are anyways. much better graphics and so much more interactive than runescape even though jagex tried to make rs more interactive with eoc but it can only go so far :/

It makes things easier but some don't like to adapt and that's the reason why many have quit.

New players will come to the game.

There are flaws in the game though and those need to be fixed.

Edited by Excellence G

You know, I think they can never really get it back. Back in like 2005 or so, they had a great balance of items that made PKing balanced, exciting, and addictive. And in the course of adding new content and trying to one up previous weapons/armor, that balance became perverted. There is literally no way to go back to that era and that wonderful balance that made it possible to be a skiller or a pker or both and enjoy it.

Sums up my thoughts on the matters.

Removing free trade and the Wilderness did not kill Runescape.

Adding pay-to-win microtransactions did not kill Runescape.

Why the fuck would you think this would kill Runescape?

This is the 2nd best update the game has recieved. The best being RS2

G.E. Was better than this update as well for sure. (i actually like the update outside of how the wildy has the single/multi toggle feature.)

No, EOC is boring in the sense its repetitive like the old system, but with fewer people since everyone mass quit.

I log in, see theres only like 5 people online, and then just leave because its fucking boring.

Edited by Hess

No, EOC is boring in the sense its repetitive like the old system, but with fewer people since everyone mass quit.

I log in, see theres only like 5 people online, and then just leave because its fucking boring.

How many people have quit? Is it really that bad? I haven't been on in a while.

In all honesty, with all the updates Jagex and IVP have put out, a lot of people quit (Not all, but quite a few each time)

No, I don't think EoC will kill RS, but I do think it's one of the few remaining nails left to seal RS' coffin..

Removing free trade and the Wilderness did not kill Runescape.

Adding pay-to-win microtransactions did not kill Runescape.

Why the fuck would you think this would kill Runescape?

This is the 2nd best update the game has recieved. The best being RS2

I've gained 2.5M since EoC came out, which for me means about 19 hours total, which means just over one hour per day. Down from about 7-8 hours a day when I was serious about RS.

Just about quit :trollface: