Who thinks eoc is going to kill rs?

Crazedmage72

Honestly i had my reservations about EOC when it came out, but i decided to give it a fair shot. the day before EOC came out i got 98 slayer. The day after EOC came out i started working on 99. I figured if i could get 1.2M slayer exp then i would have a fair understanding of the new system, and ultimately know if i wanted to keep playing.

I now have 99 slayer, and while i did find a number of issues i still do not agree with like the prayer nerf. Overall i find the new system better. In many ways the game is better off and more enjoyable. The biggest issue i see is the fact that melee is nearly worthless in combat now. HOWEVER it is my opinion that melee was specifically not updated to force people into mage/range which were underpowered and as a result under worked in comparison to melee. It would not surprise me to see melee receive a major power boost in 6 months or so bringing it back up to match range/mage in usefulness.

From a skilling stand point though i have to say it is all win. The ability to drop mine/fish again is almost like it was back in RS classic. I have found a number of uses for the ability bar in skilling from loading it up with farming spells for my tree/farming runs to using it to drop my inventory when fly fishing in shilo.

Over all they may loose some players who are too stuborn to give the new system a shot, but over all i think it has opened the game up for new players who would have otherwise passed by without looking twice. By the middle of next year i suspect the numbers on worlds will be back up to pre-EOC numbers if not higher, and will continue to rise from there.