What should I replace so I can play games at a higher quality?

Ethan

I have to play games like Guild Wars 2, Skyrim, etc. on the lowest video settings. What should I replace so that I can play games at a higher graphic setting with minimal issues? I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible. Obviously it's going to cost a bit though. Do I need to hand over more information?

InFbqMr.jpg

aNt8n8Z.jpg

Thanks guys!

Probly Graphics card and processor.  The computer I'm going to be getting in 2 weeks is going to have 3.4 GHz.  I got an AMD video card instead of NVidia, but if I had gotten the Nvidia instead it would have been a 650 or higher.

I'm not a huge expert on computer parts, but yeah, I'm going off of what I've been looking at for the past couple of months while deciding what to put in my computer. ^_^

shouldn't have to just make sure the chipset matches

Let me find what I told Sheckky's brother to get.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127594

This is what I'd get at the very least for a graphics card, if you want future proof get something a stage or 2 higher.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072

and thats what I have for a cpu, the Ivy Bridge came out which is a touch better

Thank you guys. I'll comb over that chart, but I'll probably just get what Hess linked. I'm better off that way.

What's the best way to check to see if the chipsets will match? Take my computer apart and check?

As a noob, how hard will it be installing these two parts?

/had that card. *shudders at the memory*

As a noob, how hard will it be installing these two parts?

It's surprisingly simple. You should be able to easily do it yourself. 

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

what the shit is this?

Which one?

6GB ram is fine, though to upgrade your CPU you might need a new mobo unless the socket type is fairly new. If you use the 1155 intel on the mobo you could easily get a newer i5.

As for the GPU, a simple 100 - 150 card should handle most games pretty well. 200 - 250 will handle most on high settings fairly easily.

This is the info I got from Belarc about my motherboard.

Board: PEGATRON CORPORATION 2AC2 1.02A

Serial Number: 111034420000799

Bus Clock: 100 megahertz

BIOS: AMI 7.14 08/11/2011

I can't find anything online about it's chipset. Is that even the right info that I need?

If you use the 1155 intel on the mobo you could easily get a newer i5.

I don't know what this means.

Okay, it's a Pegatron Carmel. Uses a LGA1155 socket type. It only supports up to a 65W processor in i7 and i5's, which only gives me 2.8-2.9GHz. I guess I'll be replacing my motherboard as well. How's that for noob installation? What's the major difference from a $99 MoBo to a $149 one?

Can I settle on these, or do you recommend more? I just want to play video games at the highest graphic settings without an issue.

i5-3570 Ivy Bridge 3.4Ghz

Some Motherboard

Graphics car that Hess linked

$520. Sheesh.