What should I replace so I can play games at a higher quality?

Ethan

2.8-2.9 Ghz isn't bad

it's not great either though

you shouldn't have any problem with that mobo

main thing is your gpu. I suppose the gpu is the main limiting factor here. 

If I were you, I'd check out that chart I posted. The charts made for a reason, the parts would go together or they wouldn't be in the same row. Find your nice price range and double-check that what those parts put out can sustain the kind of gaming you wanna do

2.8-2.9 Ghz isn't bad

it's not great either though

you shouldn't have any problem with that mobo

main thing is your gpu. I suppose the gpu is the main limiting factor here. 

If I were you, I'd check out that chart I posted. The charts made for a reason, the parts would go together or they wouldn't be in the same row. Find your nice price range and double-check that what those parts put out can sustain the kind of gaming you wanna do

The reviews I find on the MoBo's that I'd be more interested in buying (the very good section) have frightening reviews. Maybe I'll wait and just start a computer from scratch when I can afford it. Or do you guys think I should ignore those reviews?

I'd probably need a new case for these, too. Mines slim. 

yeah man those're good just make sure your PSU can power it all

Yeah... it's stock by HP, so it probably won't. I need to just build a new computer. 

This things only a year old, does it have resale value? But I could probably take my RAM, HDD and shit out of it.  

Building is e z peezy brah.

http://youtu.be/d_56kyib-Ls

I built my own and the only hassle was the aftermarket cooler and the suspense on making sure it got through POST.

Also, you can use this site to find a plethora of parts.   http://pcpartpicker.com

My brother also got a new computer (built it for him) and his was around $500 and it runs his games of minecraft/assassins creed 3 or w/e flawlessly. If he played more games it'd be more helpful including, but knowing you the i5 you listed is far better than his lower i3 series.

Or just post here http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcforme/ include your budget and what you plan on doing with it and they can help sort out parts and such. It'll help you give more honed in choices on what is good and current.

Edited by Mike (Porsche)
2.5 Ghz is low ethan. real low. 

and your gpu isnt hitting on much. It'll run most things on low detail but not real new stuff

what are you talking about? a second gen quad core i5 is about as fast as you get. His processor was top of the line less than a year ago. I can play skyrim on high with a similar cpu, 8gb of ram,  and a 550. Just get a new gfx card and throw that 520 in the trash.

2.5 Ghz is low ethan. real low. 

and your gpu isnt hitting on much. It'll run most things on low detail but not real new stuff

what are you talking about? a second gen quad core i5 is about as fast as you get. His processor was top of the line less than a year ago. I can play skyrim on high with a similar cpu, 8gb of ram,  and a 550. Just get a new gfx card and throw that 520 in the trash.

Interesting. Maybe that's what I'll do.