Making money in old rs

Crazedmage72

What do you guys think the best way to make money in old rs will be. By this i mean like right away. Since like noone will have $ to buy your items.

When I was a noob, I used to mine iron, got me 1m per day. Then i switched to cutting yews. I don't know what the prices for those two items were in 2007 but if they were more or similar to 2 years ago, I would do that. At level 3 with all skills at 1, cow hide never fails :P

Edited by Fkn Pigeon

1) Mine essence

2) Train RC while getting runes for 55 magic

3) Get 55 magic using the runes created

4) Get woodcutting up to level 60 selling logs along the way to buy an adamant hatchet for 1625 GP from a store, then fletch the rest until 70 fletching for yew longbows.

5) Chop yew logs

6) Pick flax

7) Alch completed yew longbows

8) Make bank

stronghold of security for easy 10k from getting to level 3 chest...dont need too much else from there as im going to be busting out quests left and right.

Later on herbs/ores/leathers/bones  when people start to have money themselves

1) Mine essence

2) Train RC while getting runes for 55 magic

3) Get 55 magic using the runes created

4) Get woodcutting up to level 60 selling logs along the way to buy an adamant hatchet for 1625 GP from a store, then fletch the rest until 70 fletching for yew longbows.

5) Chop yew logs

6) Pick flax

7) Alch completed yew longbows

8) Make bank

This one seems VERY logical. TYVM. :)

I question how much skills like slayer will initially make if there is no cash in the game for people to exchange for the drops :|

That doesn't matter. It's all about demand and the market will pretty much be the exact opposite of inflation. When the servers come out and there's zero cash in the market with stats too low to collect high-level resources, you can be considered wealthy for a while if you have like 200k cash.

All of the market's real cash at the beginning will come from alching, which is why the best way to make money would be to RC and stock up on natures and use the money to get fletching up so you can make and high-alch mage bows. Use that money to get gear for Slayer so that you can high-alch medicore drops and be one of the first people to get drops like whips once there's actual money in the market.

Until items start to get fixed prices, I would invest all of your cash in items instead of building a cash pile.

Edited by Knightmare25
I question how much skills like slayer will initially make if there is no cash in the game for people to exchange for the drops :|

That doesn't matter. It's all about demand and the market will pretty much be the exact opposite of inflation. When the servers come out and there's zero cash in the market with stats too low to collect high-level resources, you can be considered wealthy for a while if you have like 200k cash.

All of the market's real cash at the beginning will come from alching, which is why the best way to make money would be to RC and stock up on natures and use the money to get fletching up so you can make and high-alch mage bows. Use that money to get gear for Slayer so that you can high-alch medicore drops and be one of the first people to get drops like whips once there's actual money in the market.

Until items start to get fixed prices, I would invest all of your cash in items instead of building a cash pile.

Currency trader? :youmad: