Battlefield 4

Hess

They have preorders available for PC, Xbox360, and PS3 right now, which will get you a set of real dog tags and premium membership in the game (that's a sick deal, premium was like 40 bucks on BF3).

HOWEVER - if you are a console player, I would say DO NOT PREORDER IT YET. They already confirmed they are going to be releasing versions of the game on the NEW consoles (PS4, and Xbox720 or whatever they call it), which will be identical to the PC version (64 PLAYER SERVERS!!!!). If you get the Xbox360/PS3 version, you will be seriously gimping yourself, and YOU WILL REGRET IT.

So PC players, preorder with confidence. Console players, sit tight.

They have preorders available for PC, Xbox360, and PS3 right now, which will get you a set of real dog tags and premium membership in the game (that's a sick deal, premium was like 40 bucks on BF3).

HOWEVER - if you are a console player, I would say DO NOT PREORDER IT YET. They already confirmed they are going to be releasing versions of the game on the NEW consoles (PS4, and Xbox720 or whatever they call it), which will be identical to the PC version (64 PLAYER SERVERS!!!!). If you get the Xbox360/PS3 version, you will be seriously gimping yourself, and YOU WILL REGRET IT.

I'm still not sure how I feel about the next-gen consoles, considering both Microsoft and Sony have mentioned they will require online DRM for all of the new games. I have a monthly bandwidth limit, so I'm worried about that. 

On topic: It looks awesome.

I'm still not sure how I feel about the next-gen consoles, considering both Microsoft and Sony have mentioned they will require online DRM for all of the new games. I have a monthly bandwidth limit, so I'm worried about that. 

but games will be considerably cheaper  :chuffed:

Edited by Green Scene

You can still install via disc from what I understand

You can still install via disc from what I understand

You can do that with any game that requires online DRM. It still requires you to be online constantly to play the game, whether it's single player or multi-player. Games like Starcraft, Diablo III, and Sim City do this now. 

I'm still not sure how I feel about the next-gen consoles, considering both Microsoft and Sony have mentioned they will require online DRM for all of the new games.
Yuck. :sly:
sim city sucks EA sucks I'm never buying another game from them again...

one month later:

wOOOHMMGGGGG PREORDER BATTLEFIELD 4 YESSSSS...

You guys are the reason they get away with releasing a pile of shit like SIMCITY and still get to be in business.

EA is the publisher, not the producer.

DICE is the producer.

I'd play it if they don't make it into a money cow like bf3

So I probably won't be playing

How so? BF3 is one of few games remaining that doesn't have cosmetic microtransactions, like Gears of War and Call of Duty have done with buyable camos. 

Dang frostbite 3 engine kicks ass :X Hopefully the gameplay will be more faster coz BF3 was way too slow :/

PC or console? Every game mode on PC is super fast paced, with 64 player servers. On console, yes Conquest games can get rather slow, because the maps are designed for 64 players, not 24. But Rush and Team Deathmatch are still awesome, with TDM being equal pace to that of Call of Duty, without the bullshit.

sim city sucks EA sucks I'm never buying another game from them again...

one month later:

wOOOHMMGGGGG PREORDER BATTLEFIELD 4 YESSSSS...

You guys are the reason they get away with releasing a pile of shit like SIMCITY and still get to be in business.

And people who keep buying CoD are the reason why they release another regurgitated version of the previous game on a yearly basis.

As far as EA goes, I'll buy BF4, and I'll stay away from Sim City (I played that when I was 9), so whatevs.

Dang frostbite 3 engine kicks ass :X Hopefully the gameplay will be more faster coz BF3 was way too slow :/

PC or console? Every game mode on PC is super fast paced, with 64 player servers. On console, yes Conquest games can get rather slow, because the maps are designed for 64 players, not 24. But Rush and Team Deathmatch are still awesome, with TDM being equal pace to that of Call of Duty, without the bullshit.

I usually play the major games on console as my PC will totally explode xDD