Interview about Gladz

Togusa

• 2 weeks later...
We went in with a lot of optimism, but EoC just isn't designed for clan warfare.

I'd have to strongly disagree with that. The few fights that we did have with the EoC combat system prior to the release of Old School servers were by far some of the most fun fights I have ever had in Runescape. The combat system itself is not the reason that warring died in the main game, it's the stubborn attitudes of the Zybez warring community, and subsequently the release of the Old School servers. People just weren't ready to accept a change, even if it was a good one (just has a learning curve).

And I've been warring with Gladz since Runescape Classic, so I have a pretty good depth of knowledge on the different combat systems. The Zybez community just didn't give it a good enough chance. It's a shame, because with their support, it could have evolved even further and taken warring to a whole new level. Jagex listens to the feedback on their forums. 

Edited by Memphus
We went in with a lot of optimism, but EoC just isn't designed for clan warfare.

I'd have to strongly disagree with that. The few fights that we did have with the EoC combat system prior to the release of Old School servers were by far some of the most fun fights I have ever had in Runescape. The combat system itself is not the reason that warring died in the main game, it's the stubborn attitudes of the Zybez warring community, and subsequently the release of the Old School servers. People just weren't ready to accept a change, even if it was a good one (just has a learning curve).

And I've been warring with Gladz since Runescape Classic, so I have a pretty good depth of knowledge on the different combat systems. The Zybez community just didn't give it a good enough chance. It's a shame, because with their support, it could have evolved even further and taken warring to a whole new level. Jagex listens to the feedback on their forums. 

It wasn't just the Zybez community who struggled with it. We put a lot of work and effort into EoC warring and only managed to scrape together a couple of wins. 

Toggle single way combat = eoc is not viable.

Sorry I was only talking about the Clan Wars Arena. I agree with you that the Wilderness toggle does present issues. Perhaps they should have single/multi worlds in the same sense that they have lootshare/coinshare worlds. If the community would have actually spoken up and presented ideas like that to Jagex, rather than just flame and rant and quit, then things could have been better.

People were doing wars in EoC actively for the three months leading up to Old School. There were about 15 clans and 20 teams involved and there were tons of fights every day. It was more active than Old School for warring, where we now have about 15 clans and 2 teams. Warring was not dead in EoC. Just not as enjoyable as pre-EoC. We'd honestly be in a better position in warring if it were still in EoC, but there are no other clans who still war in EoC.

People were doing wars in EoC actively for the three months leading up to Old School. There were about 15 clans and 20 teams involved and there were tons of fights every day. It was more active than Old School for warring, where we now have about 15 clans and 2 teams. Warring was not dead in EoC. Just not as enjoyable as pre-EoC. We'd honestly be in a better position in warring if it were still in EoC, but there are no other clans who still war in EoC.

Yea, pretty much. There was nothing really hugely flawed with warring in EoC, i'd do it if there were others to actually fight. The basics of warring were still the same, a bit more accessible and not really as strategic or skill based. as everyone was on the exact same playing field, despite maybe the slight difference between gravites/no gravites. They were still fun to do.