Smartphones...

Ethan

I've never owned one, have hardly held one, and don't even know that they fuck they do. But I'm pretty sure I want one.

There are a thousand of them to choose from. Normally I've had to decide whether I wanted it to flip open or slide open. In my opinion, the original Motorola Razr was the best phone in existence. I miss that thing so much. Do any of you guys have a testimonial on yours? I don't want an iPhone because Apple, so unless you think you can convince me, don't worry about that.

All I want to do is read my email, occasionally get a phone number, browse Wikipedia when I'm bored, and possibly use directions. And I don't want to spend more than a weeks pay.

help

I literally upgraded my phone about a month ago and got my first smartphone, which was an iPhone 4 for a dollar. I was so used to my razor-like flip phone with no camera, so switching to a computer for a phone is really useful. GPS, weather, Vine, and snapchat have become my new favorite apps.

I've heard Android phones are much better.

I've been using the Samsung Galaxy series since 2010 and I love it. I have a Galaxy 1, 2, and 3. If your network accepts phones from outside networks (some do, some don't) I'd be willing to sell you my Galaxy 1 for a good price. If not - Try the Galaxy series. I switched over from iPhone and am so glad that I did. 

i have an iphone 5 i really like it compared to my older smartphones and in my opinion it is the best phone out because it is simple and easy to use if you have never had a smartphone before and you got the galaxy s4 it might be a bit confusing

I would recommend a phone from the Samsung Galaxy series. However,  I have an Lg Optimums that works well also :).

I switched over from iPhone and am so glad that I did. 

Why?

I would recommend a phone from the Samsung Galaxy series. However,  I have an Lg Optimums that works well also :).

Could you compare the two?

I also do not own a smartphone. 
^

but if i had the money to get a smart phone i would get a iphone

Edited by FreeBall In

The Galaxy series is less restrictive than the iPhone. You're stuck using iTunes if you want an iPhone - and downloading apps requires their store which I'm not a fan of. The operating system is also less user friendly in my opinion than the Galaxy series. 

The Galaxy series is less restrictive than the iPhone. You're stuck using iTunes if you want an iPhone - and downloading apps requires their store which I'm not a fan of. The operating system is also less user friendly in my opinion than the Galaxy series. 

I still use iTunes for some reason. Can I use it on a Galaxy? I was leaning towards the Galaxy anyways.

I switched over from iPhone and am so glad that I did. 

Why?

Could you compare the two?

Mostly comparisons vs the GS3. If you are in between Iphone and Samsung Galaxy, go with the Galaxy.

LG%2BG-ad-full%2Bcopy-772172.jpg

Edited by Knight Brave

I still use iTunes for some reason. Can I use it on a Galaxy? I was leaning towards the Galaxy anyways.

No. Just transfer your files over to your phone from your computer. It's pretty easy to do. 

You might want to look at the HTC One before making purchases aswell.

It's an awesome phone, but he said he doesn't want to drop a whole lot of money on one. 

I like my iphone.

Yes its apple, but I like my music on itunes and I dont want to waste time putting songs on an android or other shenanigans.

Plus siri is my new bff, you can ask her anything, random stupid shit like "how many miles are in 5k" or "Drive me to 42 wallaby way sydney" or whatever address, anything you can think of, "whats the score for the packers game?"  "call Bleedblack"  "text mom that I'm coming home now"

Plus the apps are very easy and the interface is simple to use.  I had a dumb phone like you before I got an iphone last year, and I couldn't tell you how I managed.  I can soundhound any song I hear on the radio and screenshot it to remember what I want to download, check my emails, spam the boards from work, take kick ass pictures because the iphone has probably the best camera out there for a phone (and I know you like your photography), and you can find an app for just about anything and everything imaginable.  The screens are extremely easy to use, that was my big thing when texting, since I have pretty manly hands and the autocorrect is astonishing and what I like to call drunk proof.  Theres no reason I'd switch over to a google phone or a galaxy or whatever, my iphone works perfectly fine a year later like I got it yesterday.

Plus the otterbox literally saved its life about 6x since I got it and adverted countless opportunities for cracked screens.

And you don't need the iphone 5, just get an iphone 4s, its cheaper and basically the same thing with a slightly smaller screen.

(screen size to me is stupid, the bigger the easier it is to crack in my opinion they are fine the way they are now)

Edited by Hess