Elder Scrolls Online

Deathstar

It so isn't. :/

I'm just hoping I can finish before the weekend is up so I'm not potentially penalized for future beta weekends. 

I have to play on low settings. Medium is okay, but still slightly laggy. And low settings suck. 

I'm only level 3, but as of right now, I would not be buying this game considering it's P2P. 

If that's all that's turning you off I'd just suggest waiting it out. Most games aren't fully optimized when they hit beta testing. 

playing on high with no stuttering 40-50 fps. It seems like it's been optimized well considering my GPU blows.

if you have optimus like I have make sure your comp is set to use your dedicated card when playing the game. the default was using integrated and it was playable on low but laggy on med. i had to go in and change it in the optimus settings. im on a laptop. :<

start button and search for nvidia control panel.

go to 'manage 3d settings' under the '3d settings' tree on the left side.

go to 'program settings' tab and search for ESO.exe. If it's not there add it to the list. Choose your gt520 from the preferred graphics processor list. you can also mess with some of the settings to optimize for performance.

start button and search for nvidia control panel.

go to 'manage 3d settings' under the '3d settings' tree on the left side.

go to 'program settings' tab and search for ESO.exe. If it's not there add it to the list. Choose your gt520 from the preferred graphics processor list. you can also mess with some of the settings to optimize for performance.

I did that, but I still have to play on low. 

Either way, from what I gather, it's not worth P2P. 

Managed to get a few hours in and all I'm left with is a feeling of "meh".

I'm a sucker for MMOs, so I'll probably still buy it and pay for a month or two...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I heard they're typically in three day sessions Fri-Sun and as long as you log into the last one you get invited back for the next.

I had the beta invite the first time around, but no computer to use so I didnt get to test it then. I got re invited for this time around still.

Edited by Tim

Seemed like an interesting concept. 

I'm personally of the opinion, however, that greater reality in gaming is beginning to compete with "real life" experiences. Will be interesting to see how humans evolve to an increasing virtual reality. 

• 1 month later...

My third beta invite coming tomorrow.

Fun game. Too expensive so I came back to scape instead.

Edited by Shadyyyyyyy

This will also be my third one this weekend, as of now I have totally split. I love the elder scrolls franchise, and have clocked in a lot of time on oblivion and skyrim, but I just can't see myself purchasing this game with the 15$/month subscription fee. I enjoy the game I suppose, it just does not feel at all like the Elder Scrolls I am used to or enjoy... The only way I see myself purchasing this game is to hopefully just purchase one copy of it and share the game cost and the monthly subscription fee with my brother. I would rather not spend the amount of money it requires to play this game...

This will also be my third one this weekend, as of now I have totally split. I love the elder scrolls franchise, and have clocked in a lot of time on oblivion and skyrim, but I just can't see myself purchasing this game with the 15$/month subscription fee. I enjoy the game I suppose, it just does not feel at all like the Elder Scrolls I am used to or enjoy... The only way I see myself purchasing this game is to hopefully just purchase one copy of it and share the game cost and the monthly subscription fee with my brother. I would rather not spend the amount of money it requires to play this game...

You can buy d3 and reaper for 60 bucks right now without a monthly sub. d3>eso.