So whats everyone think of rs3 so far?

Crazedmage72

Crazedmage72

What does everyone think of rs3 so far? I logged onto it for the first time today. I thought it was decent though i was super super confused. Had trouble figuring out even how to find my prayers and how to even find my inventory and stuff but i suppose if i decide to play it much at all (not likely cuz i'm loving 07) then i guess it will all come over time. :) So ye, what does everyone else think so far?

The interface is a big step back. There is such thing as too much customization, and Jagex crossed that line and kept going at 120 mph.

Music is nice but it cuts in and out so it's not viable to listen to.

I am not invested in the "world event", so that doesn't excite me.

Crazedmage72
The interface is a big step back. There is such thing as too much customization, and Jagex crossed that line and kept going at 120 mph.

The interface is quite insane. It kinda overwhelmed me the minute i logged on.

It also has a lack of customization, though. You cannot remove the stupid 8 icon shit, and you can't remove the chat or emote tabs. I'm playing on a laptop and I minimize the absolute shit out of everything and I still have a tiny screen. I either choose between being able to see my whole inventory etc., or playing in essentially what "fixed" was before, where I've got ~200x300 pixels of actual game screen. The whole new interface thing was made for people with two 35" monitors.

I cannot DG and therefore I officially quit End Of Connection oops I mean RuneScape 2... 1/2? 3? 4? New School RuneScape? 13scape? Ye something like that

I like the interface. I have my sound muted so don't have an opinion on the sound upgrade. Hopefully the world event will become more of a big deal instead of a gather-fest as it is right now.

The interface system will take a bit of getting used to, as you say, Crazed.

On the old interface I would generally play with the side panels minimized until I needed them, which now takes about 50 actions to do. And isn't actually possible at all if I want to lock the position of those panels. Unless there's some option I'm missing? And all of this customization but I can't choose which interface tiles I want to display??? Get this SoF shit off my screen and give me a standalone inventory button.

Not being able to click through the chatbox. The bank screen sharing a color with the rest of the interface. I want everything transparent, but fuck does that suck with the bank being tied to it.

No option for split private chat.

Certain interface elements not holding their relative position when I resize the screen. I'm looking at you, XP tracker. :rant:

Okay, I feel better. Those things annoy the piss out of me, but overall I like the update. Expecting lots to change from the release because Jagex.

It also has a lack of customization, though. You cannot remove the stupid 8 icon shit, and you can't remove the chat or emote tabs. I'm playing on a laptop and I minimize the absolute shit out of everything and I still have a tiny screen. I either choose between being able to see my whole inventory etc., or playing in essentially what "fixed" was before, where I've got ~200x300 pixels of actual game screen. The whole new interface thing was made for people with two 35" monitors.

I cannot DG and therefore I officially quit End Of Connection oops I mean RuneScape 2... 1/2? 3? 4? New School RuneScape? 13scape? Ye something like that

Turn up your screen resolution, bro.

I play on a tiny resolution and yet I have no problem fitting everything I need on there. I absolutely love it. I can DG way more efficiently now.

ca7g.png

And that's on my tiny laptop screen with shit resolution. When I play on my TV, it just gets sicker. I can see the entire dungeon map of a LARGE dungeon on the minimap at ONCE on my TV. Sooooo sick.

Edited by Memphus
Turn up your screen resolution, bro.
1366x768 isn't big enough. Jagex sucks.

That's what I play on my laptop, that's what all of my screenshots are. You are doing it wrong. Look at my screenshots. Absolutely everything I need is right there and very easily accessed. Making a video tutorial right now for dummies like you. How is your viewing window only 200x300?

I like it. The only bad thing is that you can't click through chat boxes.

I have set up different windows for Pm's, Fc, and Clan chat. Leaving only game chat at the bottom. It's nice not having to scroll as much to see if you ignored somebody lol.

I got rid of those "XXXXXX player has achieved 99 or 120 in a skill" spam things.

I lost my emote tab but that's not an issue.

I like the zoom in - zoom out feature also. I read that some hate the distance when you change camera angles. You can zoom in and out to change distance using your mouse wheel.

Edited by Astraeus Tg
they still make you button smash so I dont like it

Only one ability can be used per 1.5 seconds. If you are "button smashing", you are doing it wrong.

i wouldnt mind if they gave us the option to use the old interface

and the old style like the bank background and such instead of it being the way it is

Edited by FreeBall In
i wouldnt mind if they gave us the option to use the old interface

and the old style like the bank background and such instead of it being the way it is

Yeah the new bank interface bugs me a lot. But they already said they are fixing that in the next update. Fingers crossed.

I'll just quote myself from another topic:

The two interfaces just don't compare. In RS2 (and for the record, I think it's completely retarded to refer to the game as "RS3" just for an interface change), it was much more simplistic. Now you have windows hiding in other windows, a crap load of new menus to sift through, and old features that were good for the game removed such as split private chat. Now before you go all "I ALREADY SAID THEY WERE ADDING THAT BACK!" I know, but the bottom line is, it is something that should not have been removed in the first place. 

JaGex is trying to change for the sake of change, and it's not good. Now if they wanted to change the interface, fine, but this "final product" was--and is--far from a finished product. 

The two interfaces just don't compare. In RS2 (and for the record, I think it's completely retarded to refer to the game as "RS3" just for an interface change), it was much more simplistic. Now you have windows hiding in other windows, a crap load of new menus to sift through, and old features that were good for the game removed such as split private chat. Now before you go all "I ALREADY SAID THEY WERE ADDING THAT BACK!" I know, but the bottom line is, it is something that should not have been removed in the first place. 

JaGex is trying to change for the sake of change, and it's not good. Now if they wanted to change the interface, fine, but this "final product" was--and is--far from a finished product. 

Same as with EoC really, they rushed to release things and ended up with an absolutely horrible product and something they should be embarrassed to have released.

That's just my take on it objectively and not even taking into consideration the fact that they never should have changed the combat style and whole game how they did in my opinion.

Same as with EoC really, they rushed to release things and ended up with an absolutely horrible product and something they should be embarrassed to have released.

That's just my take on it objectively and not even taking into consideration the fact that they never should have changed the combat style and whole game how they did in my opinion.

I think you just instantly form a negative opinion of anything that is change. Yes, the EoC was rushed, and things were overlooked for the first few weeks. But it's fixed now, and it's absolutely amazing. I've never had more fun, and I've been playing for almost 13 years. 

"2003 was the best Runescape you had to click the furnace once per bar durr durr durrrrrr"

Also the word you were looking for to describe your opinion is "subjective", not "objective".

Edited by Memphus