So whats everyone think of rs3 so far?

Crazedmage72

http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7268-combats-abilities/

Read post #3, I did not immediately form a negative opinion. I was actually very excited for the change but once I saw how it was implemented I didn't like it. And with that my dislike has only gotten deeper now with the release of RS3. This isn't taking into account the social aspect of the game which is about 90% of it as far as I am concerned, I am purely talking about the actual game play side of everything.

2004-2007 was my favorite time period of the game because that is when I personally had the most fun. I liked the activity of not only my friends (very few of whom play anymore) but the overall activity and mentality that the RS community as a whole had. That is completely different now and I think even you would agree that it is in a horrid state at best. The game to me has always been the means to an end as far as forming relationships with others and making it an overall experience and not just a game that I play. Since myself and a large majority of my friends no longer like the game in its current state we obviously are going to play the game that we prefer since it is now an option.

they still make you button smash so I dont like it

1 Ability per 1.5 seconds. How is that smashing?
1. Can't believe you've made it this far without knowing that RS only works in .6 second ticks. It's 1.8 seconds.

2. Every single attack you do with melee, is an ability. Every single one. Compare that to, let's say, League of Legends, where really most of the attacks are auto-attacks, until it gets to PvP encounters where the actual effects of abilities (NOT JUST THE DAMAGE, JAGEX) are invaluable and can change the course of the fight. The only "thinking" you do with abilities, is the order in which to do them in order to not have them all on cooldown, or to do AoE attacks in those obvious situations. With Ranged and Magic, there's slightly more thinking in abusing the system to use attacks and abilities stacked, since there aren't enough abilities to do one every single attack. But you use the abilities, whenever you have them available.

New interface definitely has some potential, but it still seems raw and fairly glitchy.  I can no longer play on fixed screen due to zero game space which isn't great on a 7 year old laptop with a 13" screen.

There is something to be said for simplicity.  

Ah well maybe they should have kept fixed around for you netbookers.

I've been playing on resize/fullscreen ever since it became available. RSHD was the true "RS3", that was a bigger update than this.

I've been playing on resize/fullscreen ever since it became available. RSHD was the true "RS3", that was a bigger update than this.

My computer isn't the issue, I can run everything on max graphics with like 1000 other things open with no problem it was just a preference of mine to play on fixed.

I do agree that HD was a much bigger update than this, but do you really think either of the two are worth declaring as the 3rd version of this game?

My computer isn't the issue, I can run everything on max graphics with like 1000 other things open with no problem it was just a preference of mine to play on fixed.

I do agree that HD was a much bigger update than this, but do you really think either of the two are worth declaring as the 3rd version of this game?

RS3 was supposed to be the implementation of HTML5, which would have allowed them to do a lot of great new stuff with the game. They promised us RS3 by summertime but fell short so they did the interface + the start of the 6th age as RS3 instead to save face. Jagex has a bad habit of showing their hand before all of the cards are even dealt in recent years. 

The HTML5 engine, when it's fully functioning, would be much more worth the title of RS3 than the RSHD or Interface updates. 

Aye, I was under the impression that the differences between "editions" of Runescape was supposed to be the underlying game engine.