It has happened again (three months ago XD)

Mock Shelter

You're officially not allowed to post frightening stories until you're back in the US. Okay? Okay.

Glad you're alright.

poor huskies :( :(
Pretty sure he means one of these things and not a dog. :P

Against Jade's strict orders and/or wishes, I might as well share another frightening or exciting story, however you want to view it ^_^! Alright, on 27 May 2013 (shockingly enough, Memorial Day!), my RCP was clearing another route.. Doing the same old grind that we had been doing for the last 4 months or so! We found one IED and BIP'd, or Blow in place, it. Later on down this route, we saw two rows of rocks going in a perfect straight line across the road, clearly indicating that something was there! My vehicle, the Buffalo, was called up to interrogate the suspected IED location. Turns out, we had found a 20 Liter jug full of HME attached to a pressure plate. The usual crap, about 50 or so pounds..  As we backed off of the interrogation site and went to the right side of the road while going in reverse, my driver, TC, and myself were discussing the details on the IED we had just found. We come to an almost dead stop, and the next thing I know, I feel a huge shock wave, and the sensation that I'm peaking at the top of a huge roller coaster hill about to go down it. BAM! We had just struck our first IED inside of the buffalo!

Now, allow me to fill you in on the broad details about the Buffalo real quick. This vehicle weighs in at 40 tons, or 80,000 pounds, has about 18 inches of armor all around it to protect the occupants, has a BIG ass interrogation arm, and tires that stand 4 1/2 feet tall with 27" rims and each one of these tires weighs about 400-600 pounds A PIECE. It takes a lot of force and pressure to throw this truck up in the air 2 feet and toss these heavy ass tires 100-200 meters off of the road in either direction :D! This IED was about 150-220 pounds alone, and was initiated by a wooden pressure plate with two copper wires to complete the circuit! It felt like a lot of force, but all it did was blast off the front two tires, managed to throw the muffler into the bird bath we have at the back of the truck, and cause a lot of smoke and dust to come up. We were all okay, since it was over before it began! My TC hopped up as soon as we landed in the crater to make sure that everyone was okay, and ran to the back door to lift up a panel to signal to the vehicle behind us that we were okay. Let me tell you, getting blown up by a baby IED is nothing XD. Granted, I don't want to go through it again, I feel safe knowing that the Army's equipment, although cheap as hell, does work! We were able to get out of the vehicle, after two hours of clearance up to it, recover our stuff, go back to the FOB and get assessed by our Head Medic. No concussions or any of that craziness :D! Another "Frightening" story down, about... another 30 or more to tell when I get back home and get on TS.

Jade is going to kill you, he is a bunny with a death ray.

Glad to hear no one was hurt though. Hopefully you will be back safe and sound soon!

I have less than 75 days, as of yesterday.  We will be coming off of the roads officially September 22nd, and returning to Kandahar to start turn in! A bunny with a death ray.. Sounds so adorable :D!

Oh, y'all know that our Army is one of the most elite trained in the world :D. It takes a lot to injure us! I promised the clan I would get back safe, and that's among the promises I intend to keep :). No need to worry man, I'm fine and being taken well care of! (if that's what you're referencing to, anyway XD)

I thought people in the army were supposed to be good at following orders! Even ones from bunnies. When you finish your tour in 75 days how long will you be on leave for?

Thank you very much Tim :D! You know that I will get home safely! Although it's going to be pretty difficult..

Rafi, we are good at following orders, unless it's one of three types: Unethical, immoral, or illogical! I will go on leave in December for 30 days and return in January to start ACAP'ing, or separation from the active duty service. I'm going to have A LOT of time once I get settled back in at Fort Bragg in November, since every week of that month will be a 4-day weekend! I just have to worry about getting an internet service started for a few months so I can stay connected. Oh, this goes for everyone in Gladiatorz. I lose internet connection on the 30th, and won't have any way of communication until I get back to KAF, that'll be sometime on the 22nd of September or so.

I'll come up with stories that don't involve any sense of danger :D! However, I will warn y'all.. A deployed soldier's sense of humor is pretty damn twisted sometimes, since we get so bored and come up with VERY creative ways to screw with each other. I, also, have to find the right subforum to post these topics, because they do have some.. eye sensitive material XD! Don't worry Will, I will write more as time goes on.