Who remembers when...

BenKenobi

I definitely used to walk from Lumbridge to Varrock to bank all the time with no thought of efficiency. I remember getting killed frequently by the druids standing right outside to. I think my favorite part was always just getting super nervous as a level 50 something going pking with rune weapons and maybe rune armour (if I was feeling frisky). The first time I lost my rune scimmy in the wilderness it was worth almost half my entire account's net worth and it was devastating because i had spent so much time doing meaningless and inefficient money gathering tasks in order to buy it.

I remember when there wasn't a bank up the castle stairs! 

walking to al kharid from lumbridge for a bank #runescapeproblems

Not having 10GP and needing to pickpocket men/kill goblins. 

chopping down willow trees south of lummy and selling to general store for my first set of mithril bought at actual ARMOR STORES

I remember playing RuneScape 10 years ago when my friend Mason told me about the game.

I also remember the first act of kindness anyone had ever shown me. I was wearing nothing killing giant rats and a user by the name of 'Zeo1000x' approached me and offered to make me full iron armour, of course I took him up on his offer along with that he gave me a magic stick(or was it a staff back then as well?), and I proceeded to talk to him for a month afterwards. Unfortunately I haven't spoken to him since.

I played the game off and on for close to a year constantly finding myself scammed, hacked (Gold generators were the bomb when I was a child), etc. 

Needless to say getting scammed and hacked nearly a hundred times has taught me a lot of life lessons that I'm glad to have had taken care of early on. Those kind of lessons won't be taught to the next generation due to companies making games (in my opinion) too safe. Shielding them from the effects of scamming does not help them. Providing punishments to those scamming, as well as providing a form of support to those scammed (My old clan back in 2006 did this)

I used to struggle to hold onto more then 25K at a time. The rare occasion I did make any real money I'd find my way to buying a piece of rune armour and selling it for a small profit of around 1-2K. But let me tell you that small amount meant the world to me.

Edited by Dreviore