Sony caves

Death Angle4

Release their employees' social security numbers as a publicity stunt? Uh huh...

The pulling of the movie out of theatres is certainly a publicity stunt.

If anyone actually believes the hackers are North Koreans, you have some serious reading to do.

Release their employees' social security numbers as a publicity stunt? Uh huh...

If anyone actually believes the hackers are North Koreans, you have some serious reading to do.

or they just dont want anyone to get hurt?

North Korea says they are going to blow up the United States every day. They even had a press release a while back where they showed their people that they successfully nuked Kentucky. You really need to do some reading to understand why this is all such a joke, North Korea making threats scares me less than stepping in dog poop.

North Korea says they are going to blow up the United States every day. They even had a press release a while back where they showed their people that they successfully nuked Kentucky. You really need to do some reading to understand why this is all such a joke, North Korea making threats scares me less than stepping in dog poop.

Tbh stepping in dog poop is quite frightening to some degree.

okay say u make a movie, and a terrorist group of any kind says people will die if they see the movie. u show the movie anyways thinking nothing will happen but something does happen and many lifes lost cause of a movie. would u feel u didnt show the movie?

okay say u make a movie, and a terrorist group of any kind says people will die if they see the movie. u show the movie anyways thinking nothing will happen but something does happen and many lifes lost cause of a movie. would u feel u didnt show the movie?

My movie didn't kill those people, the terrorists did.

Using your logic, if a terrorist group says they will kill people unless you give me $100, then you MUST give me $100. RIght now. Seriously, pay up. Otherwise you hate people and want them to die.

Sony didn't want to deal with any of the liability damage if something were to happen. All it takes is one radicalized shithead to cause another dark knight incident. Couple that with the fact that the major theater companies refused to show the movie for fear of a terrorist attack. It really wasn't worth showing the movie.

How is it a publicity stunt? What does Sony get out of this?

Sony didn't want to deal with any of the liability damage if something were to happen. All it takes is one radicalized shithead to cause another dark knight incident. Couple that with the fact that the major theater companies refused to show the movie for fear of a terrorist attack. It really wasn't worth showing the movie.

How is it a publicity stunt? What does Sony get out of this?

They get their shitty movie plastered all over the front page of every single god damn media outlet on planet earth.

Now when they re-release it in a week or two, EVERYONE will flock to see it to see what all the fuss is about.

Shady publicity stunts is not something Sony is unfamiliar with. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Manning_%28fictitious_writer%29

Edited by Memphus

So you believe this whole thing is a publicity stunt or just the fact they pulled the movie?

Also you're crazy if you think Sony is the only company to give themselves good reviews lol. Not too long ago Bioware had that same problem with Dragon Age 2. 

http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/69338/bioware-employee-accused-of-manipulating-dragon-age-2-metacritic-scores/

Also, I thought the pulling of a movie was a publicity stunt for a re-release later on after the public "pressured" them not to cave. However, I don't think the hack and the threats were a publicity stunt. 

Edited by J Biebs

Also, I thought the pulling of a movie was a publicity stunt for a re-release later on after the public "pressured" them not to cave. However, I don't think the hack and the threats were a publicity stunt. 

No, the hack is real, they've been hacked before. But it has absolutely nothing to do with North Korea. The threats - well you get threats like that ANY time you exercise the 1st amendment. The South Park creators get thousands of death threats daily.

But the "caving" and pulling of the movie - I only see that as a massive financial gain for Sony.

Where have you read this? Reed Hastings has been anti-intimidation and has supported the release. Would be a big hypocrisy by not even considering it.

Edited by J Biebs