Comedies

Beric

In no particular order:Some Like it HotAirplaneCasablanca (yes, I know it's not a comedy, but I think it's extremely witty)Trading PlacesPrincess BrideCaddyshackMonty Python and the Holy GrailDr. Strangelove (very dark, kind of offbeat)Super TroopersHoliday (with Katharine Hepburn)I'll come up with some more later, but that should get you started :hmph:

Definitely Airplane.

Borat, no idea how I didn't mention that one.

In no particular order:Some Like it HotAirplaneCasablanca (yes, I know it's not a comedy, but I think it's extremely witty)Trading PlacesPrincess BrideCaddyshackMonty Python and the Holy GrailDr. Strangelove (very dark, kind of offbeat)Super TroopersHoliday (with Katharine Hepburn)I'll come up with some more later, but that should get you started :hmph:

Definitely Airplane.

Borat, no idea how I didn't mention that one.

I turned it off halfway through. Hated it :wilson:

If we ignore the children's movies I've seen since becoming a parent - I've easily watched fewer than 15 movies in my lifetime.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Here's a movie I'm ashamed I haven't seen yet.

I think I got about 20 minutes into this one and turned it off.

927a369e354e15cec349a1824177de97.jpg

I think I got about 20 minutes into this one and turned it off.

Your+mother+was+a+hamster+and+your+fathe

You're worse than I suspected.

Honestly, how do you tolerate him? :hmph:

I like all kinds of comedy but I really like stand-up and sketch comedy so stuff like Saturday Night Live is funny to me. South Park is funny but it's better watched as they come out because the jokes and subjects are usually based on current events. I guess SNL is often like that too but I can go back and watch some of the skits Chevy Chase did in 1975 and still get a good laugh out of them. Comedy is all in the eye of the beholder.

louis CK standupparks and rec

I love both of these so much (even Parks and Rec season 1).Only recently got around to watching The Big Lebowski (and I loved it), which is what led to this topic.

Big Lebowski is my favorite movie ever. That scene where The Dude tries to trace the previous message on the memo pad, and it turns out to be an erect penis... pure comic genius by the Coen Brothers.