DarkScape -open world legacy pvp

Bobby

If you don't want to click the link, go to the rs home page. You will find it.

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/play-darkscape--free-to-play-open-world-pvp?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

World PvP

Into PvP, high-stakes trade and making your own way in a dangerous world? Do we have a surprise for you.

Try DarkScape now by logging on with your existing RuneScape account!

DarkScape is now live and playable for free! This experimental new game takes RuneScape and throws it into chaos, giving you free reign for intense combat and ruthless trade wars.

Wilderness rules everywhere means heart-pounding PvP combat.Three separate economies and lucrative high-risk regions mean enticing prospects for enterprising merchants.Most of RuneScape's content – completely free – and a fresh level 1 start means an adventure-filled, high-risk world for everyone.RuneScape members get additional benefits to help with quicker progression.Frequent updates, inspired by player activity.Why DarkScape?

With DarkScape, we're trying something new and exciting, taking RuneScape's wealth of content and changing the fundamental rules to create a whole new experience – something not possible in RuneScape itself.

The rule changes for DarkScape – fully detailed in the FAQ – are designed to encourage emergent gameplay of the most devious kind. Ever dreamed of forming a roaming clan of bandits? Fancy yourself a ruthless runite tycoon? Just want to find your fortune in a world with danger around every corner? DarkScape's the place to do it.

Based on RuneScape though it is, DarkScape is very much its own game. We've got some awesome ideas for future DarkScape content, and Mod Pi's going to be watching - making frequent changes, directly inspired by how you play the game.

Get Involved!

We've kept DarkScape quiet so everyone can come to it completely fresh. This is a world for the taking with wit, guile and strength, and we can't wait to see what you do with it. It'll be your stories that bring it alive, and your feats that become its legends.

We've released DarkScape in a raw, formative state, so it can be driven from the earliest possible point by its community – realising its potential as an emergent, player-led game. This is your chance to be in at the start of something new – to help make a game that you want to play.

Give us your ideas and feedback on Reddit and the forums, and – most importantly – get in game and start backstabbing, brutalising and conniving.

Follow us @RSDarkScape for the latest DarkScape happenings, and Tweet #DarkScape to tell the world about your adventures.

Play DarkScape now, and check the FAQ if you have any questions.

The DarkScape Team

So an open world game with PvP anywhere and 1.5x xp for members in the actual game. Sounds interesting. Anyone have a take on it?

does sound fun

but going hold out for deadman mode on osrs

wonder why they didn't save it for runefest isn't that coming soon?

Edited by Bryce

I imagine most of the people who play it will be people who only use legacy in rs3 anyways. I doubt it'll change the face of the community too much. I might try it out just to see what its like but I don't intend on seriously getting into it.

I really think they are trying to get a bunch of players back that quit because of either eoc, or didn't want to pay to play 07. I agree that they shouldn't be trying to split the rs community yet again. How long till you think they make it pay to win? (OR gamble in this case)

Reminds me of when they added PvP worlds back in the day. It'd be fun if not for the awful lag and glitches, hopefully they can fix that. I may try to legit get into this with a noob acc while I div on Liquid.

I was really excited about this when it got posted, then I heard it was legacy only, and instantly forgot about it.

The reason they did that was they waned OSRS and EOC players to both get into it. Still totally divides the community but I'm sure there is just the initial hype and it'll be only somewhat populated.

I tried it out. It was a bit of fun and maybe I'll try to do a bit more in it but I don't want to really get into it for the same reasons I haven't made an Ironman - I don't want to do old quests and tasks and all that over again.

and spending 500$ a month lol

What? How about don't spend money on microtransactions? The $8 or whatever it is now isn't particularly cheap, but that hyperbole is nonsensical lol.

One account gets you RS3, OSRS, and this new mdoe. like wot.

Rip they stole Osrs's idea for deadman mode, and atleast deadman mode is more deadly as you lose xp upon death aswell as your items in your bank can be raided.

Edited by Graandor

Rip they stole Osrs's idea for deadman mode, and atleast deadman mode is more deadly as you lose xp upon death aswell as your items in your bank can be raided.

"Stole" from themselves. Lol.

Also that sounds way too punishing. Like it looks good on paper but who the hell would actually want that?

"Stole" from themselves. Lol.

By that logic, this would be the second time they've stolen re-used this same idea. Hoping they can stick with this one.