NXT Client

Beric

My erection has an erection.

This will definitely be the death knell for Rafi's computer. 

It looks great but I have a feeling its going to negatively impact game play for some people with older computers.

Maybe, but hopefully, although probably not, they'll have an option to play the existing client or a watered down version of the new one. We'll never see Rafi otherwise.

It looks great but I have a feeling its going to negatively impact game play for some people with older computers.

Maybe, but hopefully, although probably not, they'll have an option to play the existing client or a watered down version of the new one. We'll never see Rafi otherwise.

Honestly? The switch to C++ should be a bit less taxing than the Java game is.
LiquidSwords

I'd love to get hype about this, but they've been teasing this for years now. I hope for a release date soon, then the hype will ensue.

I was so excited when it showed the Heist balloon omg.

Hopefully this is actually a thing that comes out and soon!

Is that not what RS looks like on high def now? Let's be honest, we don't play RS for the graphics. If they can make the game faster / smoother by changing the graphics engine then great. If it will be as problematic or worse, then that is terrible.

But then if they migrate from Java to C++. Will they have to change their company name to C++Gex? lol I kid.

But then if they migrate from Java to C++. Will they have to change their company name to C++Gex? lol I kid.

they would shorten it to Cgex

Is that not what RS looks like on high def now? Let's be honest, we don't play RS for the graphics. If they can make the game faster / smoother by changing the graphics engine then great. If it will be as problematic or worse, then that is terrible.

Gosh, I wish HD looked like that now.

This is far more than a graphics engine change. They're changing the actual coding language the game is built on. It should make the game faster and better optimized for the average person. Interestingly, it also opens up the possibility of them offering RS on gaming consoles and tablets.