invention skillcape & info

Bobby

On Friday, January 15, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Pzs said:

I believe that the majority of scapers use the old style skill capes because that's what I see most often. Is jagex going to make an old-style cape even though it never existed? If not, I really can't see myself ever wearing this after 99 invention.

More people wear normal ones. The god awful old ones just stand out more because of those 1980s shoulder pads. Also cape overrides are a thing. 

15 minutes ago, Nova Deeps said:

Should have left that as a surprise jagex, rip.

1 hour ago, Bobby said:

yeah. theres SOOOOOOO much. no wonder why they said it could cost 2b for the high spenders

:o My goodness! 

I expected we'd be able to add gem sockets to armor and weapons, but I can't imagine how herbs will come into play. I don't mind being unprepared for a new skill, I find it's better to wait and let other people figure out the fastest and/or cheapest methods for training. I don't have the funds to burn anyway.

20 hours ago, Beric (Ironeyes) said:

Bones, herbs, gems? WTF. I'm so unprepared.

ME TOO!!!!

It's times like these i realise its OK to be a hoarder....... why do I have to be so OCD about a clean and tidy bank??

PS: thanks for the heads up Bobbi

On 1/20/2016 at 7:33 PM, Gladzgasmic said:

More people wear normal ones. The god awful old ones just stand out more because of those 1980s shoulder pads. Also cape overrides are a thing. 

God awful? I think you're confusing the old ones with the new ones. Rather have the shoulder pads than two spine looking things down the front. 

1 hour ago, Pyrolord said:

God awful? I think you're confusing the old ones with the new ones. Rather have the shoulder pads than two spine looking things down the front. 

You're one of the people who thinks Third Age is fine the way it is, so I don't trust your opinion when it comes to aesthetics. :hmph:

bwWOwrU.png

Drakath said: 

1. seems like a lot of perks actually have negative effects (from what has been shown on stream etc.) and they are really crippling eg. the antitheism perk- are negative perks common, uncommon, rare? 

because if they are (un)common then why would I want to augment anything?- we haven't seen any examples of even some decent, let alone really good perks yet and i dont want to make my t90 gear worse...[/quote]

Mod Moltare: The idea is: Make lots of perks (for the Invention XP). If they come out bad, disassemble them to get some materials back; if you like them, use them to augment your gear.

Will we gain anything else other than armour/weapon upgrades from invention? what about non-cb skillers?

Mod Moltare: Can confirm that skilling related perks will be along a month or two after launch, allowing you to add non-combat perks to tools.

HTML said: 

Joffrey said: 

When your weapons are leveled up does the tier of the weapon affect the invention experience you will recieve if you decide to break down a level 10 weapon. 

Let's say would a dragon long that is level 10 give the same invention xp to a chaotic long that's level 10 assuming they have all the same perks etc.[/quote]

Mod Moltare: No; any level-10 weapon will give the same Invention XP. It ought to be faster to level a higher-tier weapon, though, because it's dealing more damage more accurately.

1) How many parts disassembling an item can give?

Up to 12 standard components, plus up to 7 rare components.

Mod Stu: Depends on the value, nature and size of the item.
It's a bit like asking 'what items do all monsters drop?'

Ben Bruce said: 

Ben Bruce said: 

3) What's the difference between disassembling for example adamant platebody and rune platebody? Does rune give more parts or different parts?[/quote]

Mod Stu: Same parts. Rune has a lower junk chance.

2. what happens on death? do you lose an amount on charge based on how many augmented item you had on and what pieces they were?

Mod Stu: Yes. You lose about two hours worth of charge.

Drakath said: 

quote]Jack Soloff said: 
Will the spring cleaner get a option to disassemble for invention parts?

Mod Stu: The spring cleaner is the purview of the MTX team. We have made no alterations to it as part of Invention.

sir eos lee said: 

3) Can you tell us what size stacks to expect for dismantling ammo and thrown weapons for components? Do I take apart 5-10 at a time for components, or should I expect to have to take apart a stack of 50+ for components?[/quote]

Mod Stu: Stacks of 50 for most ammo and thrown weapons.

I've heard we'll be using divine energy to charge created devices.
If that is correct, can you give us an example of the amount of energy we'll need to charge the device?

Mod Stu: Manufacturing a divine charge currently costs 225 incandescent energy. (Lower-tier energy can be used, in appropriately greater quantities.) How much you need depends on the drain rate of the item.

MetalManiac9 said: 

Titan Fall said: 

How will the xp rates work with 2H vs dual wield? 

Will we need to have parts for both dual wield weapons?

If we can have both weapons "upgraded" will we get invention xp for both weapons when dismantled?[/quote]

Mod Moltare: It's all balanced by number of slots, so a 2H weapon levels twice as quick as a single 1H and just as quick as a DW pair.

Will we need to have parts for both dual wield weapons?

Mod Moltare:Presumably you're talking about gizmos? You can only put one gizmo in a one-handed weapon, and two in a two-handed weapon.

Titan Fall said: 

Uaexkiller said: 

can I dissemble bank notes?[/quote]

Mod Stu: Yes. It's treated as a stack of that item.

Edited by U rza
Q&A add-on