Is cereal a soup?

Beyond Moist

Just now, Wolf said:

what :sly:

it's not a soup by any means 

why don't you think so? It's got a liquid base and has ingredients that add to it

I never really thought about it, but I guess it is. The same way ketchup counts as a smoothie.

13 minutes ago, Beric (Ironeyes) said:

Does anyone finish the milk? If so, I think you're weird as fuck. 

The milk is the best part dude.

56 minutes ago, Beric (Ironeyes) said:

Does anyone finish the milk? If so, I think you're weird as fuck. 

Depends on the cereal really. If it turns the milk fruity/chocolaty, drinking it is a must at that point. 

I think that cereal might be a cold soup. Soups don't have to be warm. Ever make soup and then not finish it so you put it in the fridge? I did this a few weeks ago, then our microwave ripperoni'd so I had the rest of the soup cold. 

Is pizza a soup?

Edited by Pzs
6 hours ago, Pzs said:

I think that cereal might be a cold soup. Soups don't have to be warm. Ever make soup and then not finish it so you put it in the fridge? I did this a few weeks ago, then our microwave ripperoni'd so I had the rest of the soup cold. 

Is pizza a soup?

I thought pizza is a pie, people call it a "pizza pie" sometimes.

Also, cold soup sounds gross, but this reminds me of the time I ate unheated Chinese leftovers as 5 in the morning.

1 hour ago, Wolf said:

I think we must all go get some cereal, lather it in milk call it a soupy delight

and eat the hell out of it as we gouge ourselves with little pizza pockets pie.

:trollface: 

All this talk of soupy cereal makes me turn away from it lol, but ill take you up on those pizza pockets :P

Yeah, it's a cold soup if you add milk to it. Other types of soup are served cold and other types of soups use dairy (usually cream) as the base as well. But "hot cereal" (oatmeal) is not a soup.

2 minutes ago, Lastresrt01 said:

Aren't cold soups made with heat though and served cold?  ( i don't make soups, so idk)

Sometimes, it depends on the soup and the country of origin. Honestly it's all up to the chef on how it's prepared as long as it's safe to eat. Lobster Bisque is served hot, cold and at room temperature depending on the restaurant, but the lobster meat is always fully cooked.