Rafi

New Mouse Poll!  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which one to get?

• Magic Mouse 2
    • Apple Mouse
    • Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Wireless Mouse
    • Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse

Details on the 4 mice here: http://www.apple.com/shop/mac/mac-accessories/mice-keyboards?page=1#!&f=mouse&fh=36f4%2B4614

think my dad still has a $100 reimbursement credit for the apple hardware store (cannot be used on software).  It can be spent on one item that costs $100 or less, and my dad offered it to me since there's not a lot worth getting for under $100 from Apple.  I was originally thinking an old gen Apple TV would be nice since Chromecast gets glitchier by the month, but talking in CC this morning clannies got me thinking about a replacement for my 10 year old mouse with a broken scroll wheel.  

Let me know which and why!  And yes, I know these may not be the #1 choice in mice, but they'd be free and you can't beat that.  

I came in here expecting it to be about small rodents. :blushing:

I vote for either of the Logitechs. 

The official magic mouse isn't very comfortable - It's way too flat and the clicking is too much of a task (particularly right-clicking). If you insist on getting a mouse from the Apple store - go with a Logitech.

If you spend the $100 on something else within the Apple store and buy a mouse from somewhere else, get the Razer Naga. It works on my Mac fine and its cheaper than any of those in the Apple store.

2 hours ago, Dan G said:

The official magic mouse isn't very comfortable - It's way too flat and the clicking is too much of a task (particularly right-clicking). If you insist on getting a mouse from the Apple store - go with a Logitech.

If you spend the $100 on something else within the Apple store and buy a mouse from somewhere else, get the Razer Naga. It works on my Mac fine and its cheaper than any of those in the Apple store.

While I love the comfort of my Razer mouse, I wish I had gone with the Logitech variant. It's just as comfortable and has bigger and easier buttons to hit on the side grid. I love the ability to reprogram buttons and keys to my mouse though. And having the option to increase the DPI on my mouse (I prefer a very sensitive and reactive mouse) to a gazillion is really nice. Get a gaming mouse if you can Rafi. They're much more comfortable and easier to personalize. 

Darn it, no mice  :(  this sadden me.  

Wow 10 year mouse, geez! You've had that mouse longer than, I've been playing this game.

I like the Logitech wireless, only cause I like being wireless. I have to much going on my desk to be wired down.

28403730a1.jpg

my 2cents.

Razer mice are cheaply made and are expensive, software can be janky and has update fixes alot.

when i played WoW alot i used to click like crazy with left click and mouse buttons on the side, the numbers wore away and the left click button got worn down to the point where the mouse couldnt tell if i pressed down and would double-click left almost 100% of the time. 

I WENT THROUGH 3 RAZER MICE, SAME PROBLEM ALL 3 TIMES. 60-70$ every time, they lasted me a year on-fucking-point  each.

Since that was an issue for me i swapped to the logictech G600, basically an overall better mouse, 12-button side + a 3rd mouse click(to the right of rightclick; programable)

G600 has been more then satisfying no double click issue, buttons are fine, software is great, alot better then razer. No complaints, had it for almost 2.5 yrs now.

A reminder that if I do get a new mouse, it will be one of these, as I'm not otherwise spending money on a mouse. Runescape is the only game I play anymore, and it's 75% afk these days anyways.  :(

I stand by what I said RE: the Magic Mouse. Go into the Apple store and just hold it for a little while - it gets uncomfortable. I would highly suggest you buy your preference in the Logitech ones.

Source: I use a magic mouse every day at work. (Battery life is great though).

I'm jumping on the Logitech bandwagon as both my mouse and keyboard are Logitech. I haven't tried the mice listed there, but my G700s serves me quite well and I can happily encourage others to buy Logitech stoof.

Razer is the only way to go (assuming they make something compatible with Mac). Logitech products break easily, and wireless mice require constant battery replacement or charging. And like all rechargable products, the battery eventually wears out and won't take a charge, forcing you to use it wired anyway.

http://www.razerzone.com/

Edited by MotoX Champ
19 minutes ago, MotoX Champ said:

Razer is the only way to go (assuming they make something compatible with Mac). Logitech products break easily, and wireless mice require constant battery replacement or charging. And like all rechargable products, the battery eventually wears out and won't take a charge, forcing you to use it wired anyway.

http://www.razerzone.com/

Except why spend $150 to get a good mouse from Razer when you can buy directly from the manufacturer and get the exact same mouse for $5, just without the branding?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-3200-DPI-7-Button-LED-Optical-USB-Wired-Gaming-Mouse-Mice-computer-mouse-For/32364819884.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.1.25eYYM&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_9,searchweb201602_5_505_506_503_504_10034_10032_10020_502_10001_10002_10017_10005_10010_10006_10011_10003_10021_10004_10022_10009_401_10008_10018_10019,searchweb201603_1&btsid=f01181db-edb1-4f1f-8552-75e45c3f2a01

Cut out the middle man, guys. All of these western companies just get the chinese companies to mass-produce their product with a slightly higher quality control, slap on some branding, then resell them for 30x as much.

Edited by Memphus
9 hours ago, Memphus said:

Except why spend $150 to get a good mouse from Razer when you can buy directly from the manufacturer and get the exact same mouse for $5, just without the branding?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-3200-DPI-7-Button-LED-Optical-USB-Wired-Gaming-Mouse-Mice-computer-mouse-For/32364819884.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.1.25eYYM&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_9,searchweb201602_5_505_506_503_504_10034_10032_10020_502_10001_10002_10017_10005_10010_10006_10011_10003_10021_10004_10022_10009_401_10008_10018_10019,searchweb201603_1&btsid=f01181db-edb1-4f1f-8552-75e45c3f2a01

Cut out the middle man, guys. All of these western companies just get the chinese companies to mass-produce their product with a slightly higher quality control, slap on some branding, then resell them for 30x as much.

Actually usually what happens is that the American company spends a shitton of money researching and developing the product, has it produced in China cause it's like 20x cheaper to manufacture there, but pays the price of the Chinese company pumping out knock offs into the Asian market for cheap (the Chinese government encourages this). This has been happening for a couple decades now.

I've had a razer mamba since 2009, its a $120 wirless+wired gaming mouse. Worth every penny, never had a problem. You get what you pay for.

It had the fastest response time and best DPI at the time.

Dont buy the cheap chinese five dollar shit.

Razer warranty is legit, anything happens to it they replace it for free.

Edited by Nickolay
6 hours ago, Nickolay said:

Why not? My mouse does everything yours does, and I have $115 + tax worth of beer to drink while I use it.

11 hours ago, Nickolay said:

I've had a razer mamba since 2009, its a $120 wirless+wired gaming mouse. Worth every penny, never had a problem. You get what you pay for.

It had the fastest response time and best DPI at the time.

Razer warranty is legit, anything happens to it they replace it for free.

I've had a Lachesis since 2008 and Death Adder since 2011 and they're both great. The Death Adder is only $50 nowadays and is plenty fast for Runescape. Plus it's right handed and comfortable.

On 3/18/2016 at 10:23 AM, Memphus said:

Why not? My mouse does everything yours does, and I have $115 + tax worth of beer to drink while I use it.

14 - 40 days shipping...

wow

edit: might as well get him to get a keyboard as well

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/M-200-Bilingual-Russian-English-Gaming-Keyboard-3-Backlight-Modes-USB-Powered-Full-N-Key-Rollover/1916509_32558130682.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.11.uZFHsM

Edited by Bobby