Smithing/mining Rework info (from reddit)

Bobby

They are undertaking massive balancing issues with both items and the economy with this rework.

This is gonna be interesting.

The mining rework sounds like it might be fun.

Smithing looks uninspired. I can't see a need for more gear sets, especially if they're intended to always be weaker than existing PvM-obtained sets. Letting us smith items that interact with non-combat skills would feel better (to me) and there'd be less of a risk of imploding the economy. Or just creating enhancements for use with current sets. Though I suppose that comes too close to Invention's wheelhouse. 

1 hour ago, Beric said:

The mining rework sounds like it might be fun.

Smithing looks uninspired. I can't see a need for more gear sets, especially if they're intended to always be weaker than existing PvM-obtained sets. Letting us smith items that interact with non-combat skills would feel better (to me) and there'd be less of a risk of imploding the economy. Or just creating enhancements for use with current sets. Though I suppose that comes too close to Invention's wheelhouse. 

smithvention,

one day each skill will be ventionable take aways on each skill probably

Interesting. Interesting indeed.

I'm curious to see how they'll work these new ores into the mix. Although I don't see a point in releasing a "barrows" ore. Seems like it would make going to Barrows even more irrelevant than it already is. Especially if the "master smithing" armour has better secondary bonuses than what you from the sets from the Barrows chest.  And I hope though that making all pickaxes the same speed doesn't mean they'll all might slow as crap. Although with the increased damage with the tier system, maybe it'll balance out. And these shafts sound very cool.

For smithing, those armours all look hideous. Not surprising though considering what they've already done to the existing sets in the game (thank God more people voted to leave Third-Age alone). I do wonder what will happen with coal now, what these new secondary things will be, and how many bars will be needed to make things now. 

52 minutes ago, Beric said:

Oh hey, there's more than one slide to look at. :facepalm:

Your silly dear 

At least i dont have to panic sell my rune ores yet :D Not until september

Will be interesting to see how that works out. 

This skill rework will be affecting lots of other parts in the game ( boss drops, slayer drops, possibly leaving range/mage gear in the dust ( would they have to do a rework for crafting to? ))

It's something that is a bit overdue but just intrigued to see how this all works out.

^ The stream did mention that they'd eventually rework drop tables and even the reward tables of clues (since they do include rune plates and such), but it'll be a while before that arrives. 

I'm open to the rework. though! Just worried about the aftermath. :P

Edit: A little off topic, but in the same stream they announced that Shattered Worlds was postponed for Skilling Pets. :o Hype!

One thing they didn't mention in that is how this would impact Seren Stones or Citadel mining. May be best for those without 99 to beast mode before this release, just in case.

50 minutes ago, Pyrolord said:

One thing they didn't mention in that is how this would impact Seren Stones or Citadel mining. May be best for those without 99 to beast mode before this release, just in case.

And harmonized ore. A level 50 ore isn't going to be too exciting. 

This should be interesting. All these reworks seem years too late. They will mostly only benefit lower levels and the majority of who play are maxed+. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby said:

im scared to see what it will do to my ironman. im going to do slayer now to be safe

It should be nothing but great for ironman accounts. 

Just now, Beric said:

It should be nothing but great for ironman accounts. 

armourwise yeah. gpwise... not so much if they dont fix those droptables. i didnt see it mentioned in either slide.

4 hours ago, Bobby said:

im scared to see what it will do to my ironman. im going to do slayer now to be safe

Gargs and stuff wont be as good gp/hr. On the other hand higher level stuff will still be fine, such as spirit mages ( All bstaffs really ) and Ganos ( alching visors for 120k + seeds.)

Be interesting to see them re-work drop tables for bosses though since a lot of it is coal/ rune items held up by alch price. Another discussion i saw was doing something to the High alchemy spell because of the insane ammount of GP it brings into the game.