Smithing/mining Rework info (from reddit)

Bobby

Several aspects of this could be handled a lot better, so hopefully Jagex follows (legitimate and intelligently-proposed) feedback. :P

However, this is long overdue and looks like it will be great overall, so I 'm extremely pleased. :D

Wow this is huge for me 

My only concern is if I should leave my 82 mining and 91 smithing alone until after the rework, at the moment they seem very hard to level, maybe it will be more rewarding after the rework ( I am not oriented on maxing )

Another thing that came to mind was the fact that they mentioned the conventional pickaxe then  a 2H and dual wield pickaxes...Like really?

2H pickaxe I'm all for, but dual wield, ffs jagex stop trying to implement silly things.

WIAgzBd.png

I feel like 2H pickaxe should be swapped with the effects of DW, so 2H gives more ore but less xp.

They also mentioned higher tier pickaxes somewhere in that video, so i assume a t70/80/90 pickaxe will follow. RIP crystal, hope atleast it'd be required to obtain the new t80/90 ones.

I thought a normal pickaxe was already two handed?

20 minutes ago, Beric said:

Dual wielding pickaxes is so damn silly. :sly:

Dual wield is definitely silly.

Pickaxes are indeed already two-handed, nor do two-handed and dual-wielded pickaxes make any sense regardless, and it incentivizes both Mining bots and simply buying ore for Smithing.

Jagex really should stop trying to implement Treasure Hunter stuff in a skill proper, especially in such an uncreative and nonsensical fashion. :roll:

That's my major qualm with the current proposal; I also take issue with the fact that T70-T90 armor degrades and is intentionally worse than most PvM drops, and that the team involved seems to be putting in the minimum possible effort. (At the very least, every armor piece should be smithable at regular levels for each tier, and gauntlets and boots should be reincorporated into Smithing alone -- rather than having them as drops, with silly Slayer requirements.)

10 hours ago, Sirsir said:

(At the very least, every armor piece should be smithable at regular levels for each tier, and gauntlets and boots should be reincorporated into Smithing alone -- rather than having them as drops, with silly Slayer requirements.)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but are you including boss drop armours in this or just amours in which you can collect the ores? If you are, I seriously disagree. Making everything able to be smithed would make bossing completely pointless. The same could kind of said for weapons/amours dropped through Slayer monsters. There should be weapons/armours that are only obtainable through other means other than smithing. 

48 minutes ago, Pyrolord said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but are you including boss drop armours in this or just amours in which you can collect the ores? If you are, I seriously disagree. Making everything able to be smithed would make bossing completely pointless. The same could kind of said for weapons/amours dropped through Slayer monsters. There should be weapons/armours that are only obtainable through other means other than smithing. 

Just the armor sets for which ore can be mined. ^_^ Boss-drop sets should be locked to their respective bosses, of course!