No Man's Sky

Death Angle4

Do any of you guys play it? If you do, what's the craziest thing you found?

I've been playing the game more than I should be, probably, but I keep getting sidetracked by finding new things. I recently found a giant space moose the size of a Brontosaurus . Now I'm currently trapped in an underwater settlement, surrounded by predators, and not enough oxygen to make it to the surface due to my lack of Zinc and Titanium; all I wanted was to find a space whale :(.

Edited by Death Angle4
29 minutes ago, James said:

I've heard a lot of people say it's unplayable on pc. I hope that's not true. 

It's from person to person from what I heard. It's pretty broken though, lots of crashes and frame rate issues.

I got it for the ps4!

Edited by Death Angle4

That sucks. I bought it this morning an hour before it was unlocked with the intent to play it when I get home from work. If it's unplayable I'll be sad. 

It's playable on PC for me. I went into it literally knowing nothing about the game, and shot at one of the drones following me around... Then had to hide in my ship for a long time because they kept attacking me and calling reinforcements, and I ran out of resources to continue fighting them. Finally out ran them and found a cave to keep me from dying from extreme heat. That was pretty much my first 30-45 minutes of the game. Got more fun after that learning experience...

I love it. I named my first star system "Assfart" and promptly started exploring the planet Dildo. 

I also think I declared war on an alien species. But I can't be confident. 

7 hours ago, James said:

I love it. I named my first star system "Assfart" and promptly started exploring the planet Dildo. 

I also think I declared war on an alien species. But I can't be confident. 

I admire your maturity. :D

I'm going crazy trying to find the last creature on this one planet. Just one left, and it is not wanting to be found. At least learning a ton of Vy'keen words while looking. They're my buddies. Korvax don't like me so much though... Haven't even met the Gek.

I love the Vy'keen, kinda just want to stay on their planets. There's one word I'm missing in a sentence the Vy'keen use a lot. They're happy after saying it, too... sentence is "Death! Death! Death! Death! Owler warrior!"

No idea what Owler really means. But they're so chipper after saying it. I've learned probably 5 new words since I last saw them say it, so maybe now...

The Korvak are dicks who think they're superior to everyone because of their high intelligence. The Gek are my favorite race because they don't really beef with me, and are generally nice. Also if you get a good enough standing with the different races you can give them carbon to learn new words. 

That being said, fuck ocean planets. Stupid space shark swam through an outpost and destroyed my ass :(

Edited by Death Angle4

Have you met the Vy'keen?

Yeah, I'll sit there and farm new words from them until I run out of carbon. Not a ton of carbon on this planet, so I don't usually have more than a couple hundred at a time. At maybe 60 words with them.

The Vy'keen are alright. They seem to be the most diverse race in the game right now. They keep calling me an interloper though when I try and buy their goods or buy their spaceship. Did you find any of the sentinels yet? They're one of the coolest looking races, but everyone hates them for some reason.

Edited by Death Angle4

The Vy'keen always call you interloper. They usually call me "interloper ally" but I didn't know enough of the language before to see what they called me before I head "special relationship".

I like killing sentinels. Good loot.

I love how the game leaves you to form your own narrative. 

I crash landed on a planet and struggled to find resources at first. Then I found a giant underground cave network rich in life and resources which lead me to the other side of the planet. I was too far from my ship to connect with it and couldn't send resources back. Or find my way back. It took me hours to get back to my ship. Along the way I found a grenade launcher for my multi-touch which I then used to speed up my mining. Eventually I made it back to my ship and went to another planet. Which I promptly named "Deal do" and giggled as I uploaded it to the database. Upon my arrival I was attacked by some aholes who forced me to hide on the new planet, which was super radioactive. I was low on fuel and had to make trips back and forth between my ship and resources to ensure the radiation wouldn't kill me. Eventually I gathered enough resources and upgrades to leave the planet and fuck up those assholes pirates. Then I left the the system (named assfart) to find an atlas stone. My new system is nice. I'm Bros with a vy'keen who lives on planet 8.5. He guards a legendary prophecy. I can only assume it's about a giant brown snake.