No Man's Sky

Death Angle4

38 minutes ago, Beric said:

My inner roleplayer is going to be so annoyed at trollish names. :/

How can anyone be annoyed at a planet names Bear Grylls?

If you manage to find another planet someone has discovered.

I crash landed, saw sentinels inspecting me and I immediately attacked them. That made my start pretty rough. Hid out in a cave for a while and got lost, but at least it wasn't so hot. Then got killed by a spider thing.

Ended up leaving shortly after and made my way to the Vy'keen, and now they're my buddies. I know around 100 Vy'keen words, and still have no idea what they say most of the time. Explored one world so extensively that I had to leave because everything I found was already searched... another was just toxic and hot as hell and full of carnivorous creatures. Ditched that planet quickly.

On a snowy planet now, and there's no plants or animals and it's really damn cold. So... not staying there long. Hoping for a good one next.

I hate how hard it is to return to systems you've already been to. It's bugging me that I can't finish my first system because it's magically vanished in the vastness of the game/space. 

I found a glitched planet, and now the game is unplayable. Sucks... I'm stuck on a planet that doesn't let you stand on a surface and drops you into highly toxic water. All land is more than a boosted jetpack away, and just drops you back into the water anyway. I can't get close enough to my ship to get in it from my jetpack either.

Edit: managed to stay in my ship after a couple of tries reloading. Seems most of the planet is fine, but that area kept dropping me through the earth.

Edited by Ripply

I was really enjoying the game until I got to the center of the galaxy. After that I said "fuck it." I won't be playing it much, if at all. Spending hours working towards getting to the center of the galaxy, only for literally nothing to happen and it sending you to a new Galaxy to start over, is aggravating. I can't believe I spent 60 bucks on this. 

Did you have the 10 stones? It just sends you to a new galaxy?

I'm in no hurry to get to the center, just having fun exploring. I have 4 stones, reluctant to get more for a while simply for space.

Literally nothing happens. You pick the galaxy center as your next destination and it starts zooming out of your current galaxy and puts you into a new one. Then you start from scratch. 

Edit: 

The Atlas stones are a different quest line. They just help you find black holes that get you to the galaxy center more quickly. So ultimately almost as pointless as the game ending itself. 

Edited by James

Oh, weird. I was told you needed 10 in your inventory for when you reached the center.

Edit: looked it up, still seems kind of cool to get 10 stones there so I will.

Edited by Ripply