New computer

Res

Im 99% sure about everything but the Gfx card and monitor

I originally was just going to get everything but the monitor/gfx card/psu and just recycle my current as well as get a i5 2500k but I did some math and if I wait 1-2 months I will have more than enough free money to get anything I wanted (computer wise) so Im going to wait.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=17110225

Edit: Im also thinking about upping the ram to 16Gb just because I can, but still thinking on it.

Edited by Dpa

Might as well get an already built gaming computer with relatively similar specs.

And pay double the price for a computer with worse specs? Someone I know paid 1400 euros (2k usd) for a computer with worse specs. Granted it did have sli video cards, I can get that too for $1500, 500 savings

Beeppudnolan

I spent about ~700 for my setup, its not top notch, its an entry level gamer, so I couldn't really see myself spending what your looking to spend plus building it yourself. Like I said just read around, find something of similar specs for a decent price and leave it open for upgrade.

I spent about ~700 for my setup, its not top notch, its an entry level gamer, so I couldn't really see myself spending what your looking to spend plus building it yourself. Like I said just read around, find something of similar specs for a decent price and leave it open for upgrade.

Do not, I repeat, ever, ever buy a pre-built computer. They are a colossal waste of money. If you must pay for nothing, you may as well have me build it for you and give me the difference.

Edited by Sir Jake 14
Beeppudnolan

Haven't seen mine as waste of money, its done everything I've ever wanted from a computer that I didn't get with the laptop I had for 3 years.

I guess what I should say is go with what you feel is best for yourself. If you want to build a super computer and you have the money, go ahead and do it. I hope you play some badass games on that thing and have a nice monitor to match it.

Haven't seen mine as waste of money, its done everything I've ever wanted from a computer that I didn't get with the laptop I had for 3 years.

I guess what I should say is go with what you feel is best for yourself. If you want to build a super computer and you have the money, go ahead and do it. I hope you play some badass games on that thing and have a nice monitor to match it.

I actually don't play any games anymore, except minecraft. Don't have the time anymore, I just want to build a computer for the fact of building it. I'd get a project car, but since I live in an apartment if your car dont run it will get toed and you will be fined.

I actually don't play any games anymore, except minecraft. Don't have the time anymore.

My brain is full of fuck.

Can't imagine not having time for games?

No, saying that you "Don't play any games anymore" part. With the side comment of "except minecraft"

:icon_confused:

Not to mention, if you just want to build a computer for computer sake. Why go balls deep with trying to make it have such high specs?

Also, what will it be used for then if you don't game?

Edited by Porsche 959

I actually don't play any games anymore, except minecraft. Don't have the time anymore.

No, saying that you "Don't play any games anymore" part. With the side comment of "except minecraft"

Not to mention, if you just want to build a computer for computer sake. Why go balls deep with trying to make it have such high specs?

Browsing the web every so often, storing movies (i have over 200 something gigs of movies/tv shows on this computer) so home entertainment I guess. And I don't really consider minecraft a game anymore I guess, since I'm an admin on a rather big server (top 10 rankings, usually around #5 on minestatus)

don't pay money for an operating system. other than that, pretty sweet setup.

Someone else told me that. I'd just rather not have any problems with the OS and risk losing my data or how ever that works.

Someone else told me that. I'd just rather not have any problems with the OS and risk losing my data or how ever that works.

you don't risk losing your data just cause its from a less legit source. software does not discriminate because of where it's from.

you don't risk losing your data just cause its from a less legit source. software does not discriminate because of where it's from.

I mean like if either I get it from a untrusty source, and its a virus logged os instaliton or if it gets busted and deactivated for being a non-legit OS

Anyways, its only $99 (Is the $30 student discount still around?)

Browsing the web every so often, storing movies (i have over 200 something gigs of movies/tv shows on this computer) so home entertainment I guess. And I don't really consider minecraft a game anymore I guess, since I'm an admin on a rather big server (top 10 rankings, usually around #5 on minestatus)

I don't consider minecraft a game anymore, IT'S REAL LIFE.

I don't consider minecraft a game anymore, IT'S REAL LIFE.

Its always been real life.