The most useless skill?

Tragar

This is just a friendly topic for debate here, but what is the most useless skill in your opinion? To me I would have to say firemaking.  I will say this, my firemaking level is low so I may be ignorant of its advantages but to me it seems like there is nothing to be gained from chopping down trees and lighting them on fire, other than to cook some food. But what are your opinions? 

Edited by Tragar
4 minutes ago, Cam L said:

Construction and it isn't close.

Construction used to be more useful. The alter still has it's place. But we saw teleport tablets, teleport rooms, and armor stands. 

Firemaking has the bonfire HP effect, but that's newer.

I think that Thieving is the least useful skill. There's nothing in it that helps you with other skills. Originally I was thinking of Dungeoneering, but do Ironmen use it sometimes for artisan skills? 

I thought about that one as well. I can see how maybe some people would enjoy it because it does allow you the opportunity to customize your own house. For me personally, I don't spend much time at my POH and i find that construction is a big money pit. I could use the money spent on construction buying materials to level up skills that provide more benefits. 

32 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Originally I was thinking of Dungeoneering, but do Ironmen use it sometimes for artisan skills? 

DG comes with a decent amount of overworld content + prayers + unlockable skilling perks + some incredible items (ring of vigor, charming imp, bone crusher, etc). I'd say it's pretty useful. 

2 minutes ago, Beric said:

DG comes with a decent amount of overworld content + prayers + unlockable skilling perks + some incredible items (ring of vigor, charming imp, bone crusher, etc). I'd say it's pretty useful. 

Not sure how I forgot about imp, crusher, etc.

Construction x 10. You don't need altar, you can use someone else's and there's also wilderness altar for ironman. Construction is ass. Next useless is firemaking, but high level lets you bonfire magics, so (Y) 

1 hour ago, Beric said:

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

Not sure how I forgot about imp, crusher, etc.

Not to mention the resource dgs namely huge ones like frosts+ gorajo+ eddy + all the scrolls that save materials :reporter:

Edit: by unlockable skilling perks i assume you meant those.

Edited by Deathcon4111
5 hours ago, Ethan said:

Construction used to be more useful. The alter still has it's place. But we saw teleport tablets, teleport rooms, and armor stands. 

Construction definitely had its day. I agree, the altar is still useful, but I feel like the rest of it has completely fallen to the side. 

44 minutes ago, Cam L said:

Construction definitely had its day. I agree, the altar is still useful, but I feel like the rest of it has completely fallen to the side. 

Lodestones did this, sadly.

Osrs has had new rooms added in poh for more jewellery teles (wealth/games/dueling etc).

Along with a new altar room to swap spellbooks to lunars/ancients and a new room for a poh spirit tree+ fairy ring combo ( low level is fairy ring only then spirit tree then both at same time).

1 hour ago, Tragar said:

I feel like construction is more of a wealth status symbol now. 

Confirmed. I can show people how much money I wasted in an useless skill with my 120 cape XD

I do want them to do some rework with cons in the future though because there really isn't much of a benefit to it anymore.

Smithing. It's been outdated since 2003 and its few useful perks were tacked on as afterthoughts. 

Edit: and even with its fabled upcoming rework, most of the new gear will be useless to a solid chunk of our clan. 

Everything besides combat skills, cause they don't help you kill things.  

In my mind there are two RS3 updates: quality of life updates (subtle, but nice/useful/good), and new content updates.  It seems like new content makes old content moot way more than it used to.  I guess this is to be expected though - it's not like they can just stop releasing updates or quest rewards or the game would just die.  Not to say that I haven't enjoyed a fair amount of the new content I've tried, just to say that the way the game has evolved, most skills are entirely useless.  Even combat stats don't matter as much as the gear you can afford in RS3.  

• 2 months later...

Fletching, I can't think of any way fletching truly helps outside of maybe low to mid level ironman. If there is some use I'm not thinking of right now or something let me know.

I'm stuck between either hunter or thieving.. Hunter doesn't seem to have a use outside of some moneymakers, and thieving... Well thieving is just aids in general.