Dark souls

Emeraldwpn

I'm assuming you've seen the speedrun of Dark Souls by that guy in 1:26, Keith? I've been playing it a fair bit today and yesterday.

Did: Queelag -> Iron Golem -> Ornstein & Smough -> Stray Demon -> Four Kings (without going to Frampt so I got the darkwraith covenant) and I'll probably start buying a load of miracles, pyromancies and sorceries before everyone starts hollowing on me). So far the only boss I've died to in the game is the capra demon and that's only because of the fucking walls and camera angles. I've also not summoned anyone for assistance yet. The iron golem is the easiest boss I've done so far.

But yeah, I made a list of what spells I need to buy from merchants who eventually hollow as I want to get all achievements on this game. So going to be working on that, then I'll start playing around with the final 3 lords & Gwyn. Then it'll be time to slaughter EVERYONE.

I'm assuming you've seen the speedrun of Dark Souls by that guy in 1:26, Keith? I've been playing it a fair bit today and yesterday.

Did: Queelag -> Iron Golem -> Ornstein & Smough -> Stray Demon -> Four Kings (without going to Frampt so I got the darkwraith covenant) and I'll probably start buying a load of miracles, pyromancies and sorceries before everyone starts hollowing on me). So far the only boss I've died to in the game is the capra demon and that's only because of the fucking walls and camera angles. I've also not summoned anyone for assistance yet. The iron golem is the easiest boss I've done so far.

But yeah, I made a list of what spells I need to buy from merchants who eventually hollow as I want to get all achievements on this game. So going to be working on that, then I'll start playing around with the final 3 lords & Gwyn. Then it'll be time to slaughter EVERYONE.

oh lawd. But yeah i saw the speed run and that was crazy. Have you not even summoned the NPCs for help? Shit, you're better than I. There's only a few bosses I didn't summon help for.

Nah I accidentally killed Solaire lol. I've intended to summon NPCs a few times but someone invades and kills me before I get to the white light door so when I respawn, I get all the way to the door before I realise that I'm not human so just think "fuck it" and go through.

Tbh, the only boss I've genuinely found hard is the stray demon when you go back to the Undead Asylum. Ornstein & Smough were difficult when there's the two of them but once I'd killed Ornstein, I used one estus finishing Smough. Just wandering about the areas is hard for me :dan: I die at least once in every area I've visited apart from Anor Londo & New Londo so far. I beat the hydra at Ash Lake just now. That was a stupid boss fight. Took literally 0 damage and it took forever. But then again; I beat the hydra and fell off the sand mound when I was just walking towards the stone dragon...

I die stupidly.

Nah I accidentally killed Solaire lol. I've intended to summon NPCs a few times but someone invades and kills me before I get to the white light door so when I respawn, I get all the way to the door before I realise that I'm not human so just think "fuck it" and go through.

Tbh, the only boss I've genuinely found hard is the stray demon when you go back to the Undead Asylum. Ornstein & Smough were difficult when there's the two of them but once I'd killed Ornstein, I used one estus finishing Smough. Just wandering about the areas is hard for me :dan: I die at least once in every area I've visited apart from Anor Londo & New Londo so far. I beat the hydra at Ash Lake just now. That was a stupid boss fight. Took literally 0 damage and it took forever. But then again; I beat the hydra and fell off the sand mound when I was just walking towards the stone dragon...

I die stupidly.

Yeah once you get past the hydra shooting water at you, it's ridiculously easy and stupid long. Too bad i can't play right now, since the PS3 is still broke, but i am getting it fixed this weekend, hopefully.

Wow. Know what weapons you're missing?

not off the top of my head. I do know i never get Seeth's tail. I was about to BB glitch to get that trophy, but that's when my PS3 died. I think the trophies are much easier to get than demon's souls

Edited by Emeraldwpn

I can't psyche myself up to start the remaining 3 Lords' areas... The hell area is the one that's most appealing, oddly. Mainly because it doesn't have invisible walkways or pitch black areas. I'm thinking I'll do the hell area first even if only for a sunlight maggot.

I kinda want a PS3. Mainly for the God of War collection but also to try Demon's Souls. How does it compare with Dark?

I can't psyche myself up to start the remaining 3 Lords' areas... The hell area is the one that's most appealing, oddly. Mainly because it doesn't have invisible walkways or pitch black areas. I'm thinking I'll do the hell area first even if only for a sunlight maggot.

I kinda want a PS3. Mainly for the God of War collection but also to try Demon's Souls. How does it compare with Dark?

Demon souls is just as fun. I fucking loved it.

I know there are differences like the way magic works and the human/demon health system but apart from those; how does it compare difficulty and depth-wise?

I just did Nito & got his covenant sword/achievement. Going to leave the pyromancies/sorceries/miracles achievements for NG+ although I have almost all of them now anyway. I somehow went through the Catacombs & Tomb of Giants without finding the blacksmith that I know is supposed to be there :dan: Going to have to wander around there some more later.

Edited by Dan

yeah, you can still buy all the miracles and sorceries, if you haven't gone too far. There might still be a chance for pyromancies as well. Also, finding the blacksmith is somewhat tricky, you have to drop down from that spiral like stair case to get to him. Youtube how to get to him and go to the dark souls wiki websites to find out how to get all your magic spells.

• 2 weeks later...

well, got my first platinum trophy through this game before i left for training. great run and when I get back i will have to buy all the PS3 games that i wanted to play but thought they were too expensive at the time.

Ha grats. I somehow forgot to join the Sunlight Covenant first playthrough so now, in NG+, I'm after the mircales, sorceries, pyromancies & Knight's Honour achievements as well as the other ending.

• 2 weeks later...