Ice Cream Preference(s)

MisterJohn

I like my Ice Cream soft, like a bit melted, but not too melted. Favorite flavor would have to be Vanilla.

I recently tried Blue Moon flavor, tasted like milk after having fruit loops in it for a bit. It was pretty good!

On 2/20/2022 at 3:58 PM, Sirsir said:

Pickled Mango, Foie Gras, and Creole Tomato flavors that overwhelm my will.

Hide contents

I lied, as I imagine -- and desperately pray -- most of you were hoping.

My real answer is Mocha Almond Fudge, Spumoni, and Mint Chocolate Chip. :aww:

I could understand Pickled Mango tho

I love a good hard pistachio ice cream, gelato style.

Or dark chocolate water based no milk ice cream.

But if it's hot enough, anything will do

3 hours ago, ZDark Dragon said:

I could understand Pickled Mango tho

As an ice cream flavor? :stopit: 

3 hours ago, ZDark Dragon said:

I love a good hard pistachio ice cream, gelato style.

Out of curiosity, what sort of gelato are you referring to? It refers to any ice cream in Italian, but when used as an English word, it refers to the artisanal Italian style -- which is much softer than American-style ice cream. I might also just have misunderstood what you meant by "hard" in this context. :P 

14 hours ago, Sirsir said:

As an ice cream flavor? :stopit: 

Out of curiosity, what sort of gelato are you referring to? It refers to any ice cream in Italian, but when used as an English word, it refers to the artisanal Italian style -- which is much softer than American-style ice cream. I might also just have misunderstood what you meant by "hard" in this context. :P 

In Brazil we have Italian ice cream that we call gelato, which is the same as traditional Italian ice cream. It's only made on artisanal ice cream shops. The texture and flavor are very similar to the ones I tasted in Italy.

Then we have comercial ice cream which is very very airated (is that a word in English?) And we have fast food ice cream.

When I googled the terms of this topic I found that hard ice cream is the normal ice cream that can be creamy but it's served harder than the soft one that appears to be that machine style ice cream that you find in New Zealand, or the ones from fast food chains.

As for answering your curiosity, I meant the artisanal Italian ice cream that is extremely creamy and dense. But when I had it in Italy and in Brazil, it's not soft. You have to lick it or bite into it. But if you let it melt a bit it will be softer but not watery.

1 hour ago, ZDark Dragon said:

airated (is that a word in English?)

It's spelled "aerated," but it is! 

1 hour ago, ZDark Dragon said:

As for answering your curiosity, I meant the artisanal Italian ice cream that is extremely creamy and dense. But when I had it in Italy and in Brazil, it's not soft. You have to lick it or bite into it. But if you let it melt a bit it will be softer but not watery.

Ooh, alright! I take your meaning now; I misunderstood. I prefer my gelato to have a bit of a "shell" as well. 

Thank you for the explanation. <3 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chocolate ice cream with delicious toppings. Could be cookie dough, brownies, fudge, cake, whatever or all of those together. Big fan of Ben and Jerry's for this reason.