trim/comp changes?

MrsDewwBerry

5 hours ago, thegreatwha said:

Why do I feel indifferent to these? I think it's because the comp/trim called has no more combat related benefits (i.e. no longer bis). But the master quest requirement would be a bit of a shift. 

And idk. I wonder, is 100% enrage zammy really as bad/difficult as people in Reddit are making it out to be? What do you all think?

IMO it's a dichotomy of thought in where the cape lies in terms of content. Some people think that comp cape means that the wearer completed every piece of content, whereas other people see comp cape as the 'time grind' cape. Historically, the cape has had times where it has been both of these, further exacerbating the confusion. 

If it's decided that the correct line of thought is that the comp cape means that the wearer completed every piece of content, then someone walking around without having killed every boss in the game at least once would clearly be wrong.

If it's decided that the correct line of thought is that the comp cape means that the wearer has completed all of the time grinds in the game, then a killing high difficulty bosses is not appropriate for the comp cape, and doing so should be rewarded in other ways. 

Jagex needs to, once and for all, define what this cape is supposed to mean, and then stick to it. 

As far as the complaints regarding 100% enrage Zammy, this is complicated to an extent by the combat team's current design choices. For instance, the combat team intentionally artificially increases the difficulty of solo Zamorak and solo Solak. Does that matter to someone who's decent at PVM and has some gear and can get through the mechanics, no, not really. What it does do is put a barrier on the 100% kills for the people who would be able to do these kills if it scaled down to solo, rather than requiring a solo player to put out a duo-level performance. Or get a group, but let's face it - these players aren't exactly the most social of sorts, to say the least. Honestly, it's a bit strange, as if they feel they need to try to encourage group play like this. 

--

Personally, I think it would be fine to have multiple ways to show completion of game.

Max and master max being the completion of all 99's and 120's - for players who have maxed out their skilling levels

Quest and Master Quest being the completion of the quests and associated storyline content - for players who are up-to-date on the storyline of the game

Comp and trim comp being the completion of the time grinds - for players that have invested many hours into completing detailed and repetitive tasks to show mastery and dedication to the game

Reaper and golden reaper - for players that have invested many hours into completing PVM logs (would add cosmetic item(s) beyond just title. I'd also add something between Reaper and golden Reaper because it's a little too big of a difference imo)

Runescore and maxed runescore - for true completionists that need to have everything done (I'd add some cosmetic item at some runescore level, maybe like 75% or 85% complete, and then a 'trim' version of it at fully maxed)

I'd add a regular and a 'trim' version of an enrage based cosmetic reward - for excellence at bosses with enrage mechanics. Of course one would have to set the enrage numbers just right for each boss but some relatively high number based on stats at each boss, and then one maxed out.

Spoiler

Personally I'd like to see added a set of rewards for minigame excellence in there too, but the minigames all generally need drastic help and reworking so that's just a pipe dream at this point. Maybe one day.

Clue and trim clue rewards - for players who have unlocked most and then all of the logs, or at some number when you can relatively confidently say it's done - might require content update

Lots of ways to separate out different types of content and show completion in the various aspects of the game without having to try to cram it into one cape because the name of the cape is 'completion'

7 hours ago, thegreatwha said:

Why do I feel indifferent to these? I think it's because the comp/trim called has no more combat related benefits (i.e. no longer bis). But the master quest requirement would be a bit of a shift. 

And idk. I wonder, is 100% enrage zammy really as bad/difficult as people in Reddit are making it out to be? What do you all think?

The typless but also the sense of urgency created by needing to kill the runes quickly enough. It becomes a snowball effect of sorts

Cant kill demon quick enough? You’ll be late to sun, then that makes you late on runes, then the runes makes the typeless harder to deal with and then dealing with the 2nd bomb before the rotation ends. 

it’s recoverable but it requires you to adapt a bit more and that is challenging for most people 

there are some more recent updates regarding the changes I will post up the link once I go on my break from lunch but from what i can recall from reading in the article is big chompy is NOT being removed anymore sadge :( and I think it was they aren't adding in zammy at 100% yet 

there is still some discussion going on about it so I will update when I see more posted :) 

• 3 weeks later...

well it seems the new changes for the trim and comp capes have been officially added into the game :3 good luck yall going for these capes