[cringe]What was the first music single you bought?[/cringe]

Bill Eh

In an offshoot of the "What are you listening to right now" I wondered, what is the first music single you paid for and do you cringe at the thought of it?

Mines was 'Cartoon Heroes' by Aqua. No I don't cringe (a lot anyway) and its still a banger :amused:

Aqua <3

Think with my own money was probably Britney Spears haha but know I got my rents to get me everything spicegirl related in the 90s including the vhs tape 🤣

Can't remember my first but I totally owned the soundtrack to Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey on cassette. It had KISS and Slaughter on it so yes.....CRINGE!!!

1 hour ago, Bill Eh said:

In an offshoot of the "What are you listening to right now" I wondered, what is the first music single you paid for and do you cringe at the thought of it?

Mines was 'Cartoon Heroes' by Aqua. No I don't cringe (a lot anyway) and its still a banger :amused:

Aqua had more than one song?

The first single I bought was Scooter - Logical song, I was a very young boy and very addicted to the song xD

(I'd post a video, but I have no idea how too haha)

1 hour ago, Pebs x said:

The first single I bought was Scooter - Logical song, I was a very young boy and very addicted to the song xD

(I'd post a video, but I have no idea how too haha)

Now that is a tune! Takes me right back to 2002ish.

38 minutes ago, Bill Eh said:

Now that is a tune! Takes me right back to 2002ish.

It was a right banger! Playing it on my old cd as loud as a could, was a great time haha

5 hours ago, Pebs x said:

Scooter - Logical song,

I saw scooter at a clubland live show if you remember those compilation CD's 🤣  and there was Ultrabeat with Pretty Green Eyes aha 

2 minutes ago, Thoraa said:

I saw scooter at a clubland live show if you remember those compilation CD's 🤣  and there was Ultrabeat with Pretty Green Eyes aha 

Oh yeah I remember them! Going back a few years now xD

I don't think I've ever specifically purchased a single, but my very first music purchase was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cassette tape when I was five years old. I wish I could apologize to my parents for what I put them through with this. 

55be0257f299513f518f16fc1a5f6c05.png

https://www.discogs.com/release/2430722-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Coming-Out-Of-Their-Shells

With my own money, not a single, but the first CD I ever bought was Owl City's Ocean Eyes Deluxe album. 

I originally got it because I fell in love with The Saltwater Room. RSMV by LOOSEYGOOSandTNT I think their username was. Ironically a few months shortly after finding the song I had a project in my (middle school) music class to write about an artist. Ocean Eyes just dropped recently so I gave it a free listen on his website and conducted an interview with Adam Young on MySpace. Very down-to-earth and god-fearing man. Since then I bought the album to support him and almost every song is a banger.

Dizzy Dog

First album I ever bought was this one.. Based on the song below it.. LOL! 

First album was bought before a single was bought :P 

PnmCoYL.png

FUN FACT: The harsh vocalist in the video is not the actualy vocalist who performed this song. 

I never really bought singles, but the first album was Skid Row - Slave to the Grind. The song's not bad, but Sebastion Bach is a cringe human.

Edited by Echare
On 1/23/2024 at 9:01 AM, Dizzy Dog said:

First album I ever bought was this one.. Based on the song below it.. LOL! 

First album was bought before a single was bought :P 

PnmCoYL.png

FUN FACT: The harsh vocalist in the video is not the actualy vocalist who performed this song. 

Oh God

Crab Metal. Every few years this song kicks the door down back into my life :amused: