Donation Drive!

Rafi

Dear Friends,

The time has come for the 2012 donations drive! We have just about ran out of money from the last quite-successful fundraiser (which paid for the new forums in 2011 and ~6+ months of server costs). Let's top that this time! Thanks to my trusty fellow Admin and former leader Bleedblack, we now have a donations button set up in the sidebar of the Forum Index.

All donations will be used to help defray the server cost (used for the Website, Forums, and Teamspeak), domain name renewal fees, and licensing fees. Yearly costs for all of these average around $300, so even the smallest donation is appreciated (though keep in mind that Paypal takes a small percentage of each transaction).

For details, see this announcement:

http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/index.php?/forum-0/announcement-5-donations/

Whether or not you can afford to donate, thank you for helping this community thrive.

Yours Always,

Rafi

I know people might not like doing this for whatever their reasons may be, but here goes anyways.

Get Google adds on the forums.

In Brutality, we literally payed for everything with this and had a surplus of money. Each hit on the site puts money on your account and yeah, great idea and then not relying on the pockets of members/active users.

I know people might not like doing this for whatever their reasons may be, but here goes anyways.

In Brutality, we literally payed for everything with this and had a surplus of money. Each hit on the site puts money on your account and yeah, great idea and then not relying on the pockets of members/active users.

If I recall correctly, we tried that and stopped because we couldn't filter out the ads that either broke RS rules, ended up getting our members hacked, or both.

If I recall correctly, we tried that and stopped because we couldn't filter out the ads that either broke RS rules, ended up getting our members hacked, or both.

Blah, can't win em' all. It's not like clans, or really anyone, preaches the RS rules. Tons of them go through this by also allowing ads on their forums.

Should teach members how to avoid being hacked by falling for those tricks [lol0l0olol0l], or simply let the less competent learn by mistake.

Edited by Gladz

We tried google ads. Apart from the stuff listed above (ie I think one advert linked to a website with a keylogger), 1 or more people decided to spam-click the ads after we asked people not to and our account got banned and the money withheld. Gotta love assholes.

Anyways, if we can afford to keep our forums ad-free, it's way nicer.

I forgot about our getting banned :reporter:

You'd think that they would have some kind of buffer control on their end. Kind of a bitch to punish a site for actions out of their control.