Donation Drive!

Rafi

We tried google ads. Apart from the stuff listed above (ie I think one advert linked to a website with a keylogger), 1 or more people decided to spam-click the ads after we asked people not to and our account got banned and the money withheld. Gotta love assholes.

Anyways, if we can afford to keep our forums ad-free, it's way nicer.

What in gods name did that person do? People attacked our forum with bots day in and day out and it was never an issue. The only time it ever became an issue was when we had like 30-50k+ bots on at a time in which case our forums were down anyways.

As far as safety, I have never heard of anyone getting hacked (in the relavent modern age) from the Google ads on forums. Even going further into the safety aspect, if people are still afraid that they are going to get hacked by Google ads (which almost every clan, and forum in general uses nowadays), simply put a nice big banner at the top telling people not to click on the ads.

I'm just saying, it's good money and no one else has a problem with it.

$300 for linda and felicia to stand side by side with "hey keith, you chocolate stud" written across their breasts, time stamped.

With this bundle I expect a complimentary double dildo action introducing justin and josh, requiem for a dream style. Members of old gladz, not the new whatchamacallits, standing around wearing business suits shouting obscenities.

actually, make that everyone doing the double dildo playground while wearing business suits shouting stuff at each other. This is recorded on a rotating camera with slow motion capabilities whenever someone tears up.

haha, too much?

*disclaimer* I'm joking

Edited by Emeraldwpn

Google Ads were never responsible for any member being hacked/keylogged or anything of the sort. We simply were banned for misuse or whatever they labeled it (someone spam clicking.)

was it an outside source that did spam clicking or is it unknown? And why would a website get banned for that?

Edited by Emeraldwpn

Google Ads were never responsible for any member being hacked/keylogged or anything of the sort. We simply were banned for misuse or whatever they labeled it (someone spam clicking.)

There were adverts for RS gold selling websites, some of which were more nefarious than others. I never went to any of them myself, that's just word on the street.

was it an outside source that did spam clicking or is it unknown? And why would a website get banned for that?

We don't know. Google detects spam clicks pretty easily, and on a small website like ours with a billion dollar company it's a no questions asked type deal.

I'm still waiting to hear back about my $1 offer.

I don't want to ruin any political aspirations that you may have, such as becoming president of the world, by tying you to some sort of sex scandal. You never know what those evil politicians might try to throw at you, or how they'll try to spin it!

So, for you - it's free.

:horse:

Edited by Felicia