Guild Wars 2

Ethan

/runs into traffic

And also - Keg Brawl is the most amazing minigame. Everything about GW2 is amazing, really.

The scale of the cities in this game is ridiculous. They really give you a fantastic "big city" feeling when playing. I love the platform jumping puzzles. And the draw distance: Oh my! I can see about 10 miles without lagging one bit, on a piece of shit laptop! The human city really feels like a medieval/steampunk version of Midgar from FF7.

I am a Human Engineer, on the Darkhaven server. Join me! Character name: Will Wheatley.

Prepurchased the game before i even realised what it was, got a bit too into the hype i guess and then i realised there was no endgame, actually is pointless to level to just do more pvp

Dont get me wrong the game IS good, i just wish they would add some form of endgame raids etc and it would be so much more appealing

Edited by War_Lord303

Prepurchased the game before i even realised what it was, got a bit too into the hype i guess and then i realised there was no endgame, actually is pointless to level to just do more pvp

Dont get me wrong the game IS good, i just wish they would add some form of endgame raids etc and it would be so much more appealing

There will be plenty of that. There was plenty in GW1 and there will be plenty in GW2.

Also, you play Runescape and are complaining about no end game in another?

I believe the plan is to add endgame through expansion packs.

Probably DLC that you have to pay for. They might make it like RS's SoF update. :youmad:

Yes you have to pay for expansion packs LOL there is no monthly fee. Unlike WoW, where you pay a monthly fee AND pay for the expansion packs (but you still get updates and fixes from your monthly fee). Or Runescape where you pay a monthly fee, but get nothing from it but advertisements for microtransactions.

I support either model: Full subscription with no microtransactions, or full microtransactions/DLC with no subsciption fee. Runescape loses.

There will be plenty of that. There was plenty in GW1 and there will be plenty in GW2.

Also, you play Runescape and are complaining about no end game in another?

I dont play Runescape lol i havent in a very very long time

For me when i play an MMO i dont want to level to 80 to do something i could of done at level 10, with WoW/Rift etc you have constant content in the form of raids and when you play at a high level in the game you always have something endgame to do untill its on farm and then you play other games.

Guild wars for me is a very good game, the combat is cool and the way everything works is really cool, give me raids and PvE combined with PvP and ill be all over that game.

Edited by War_Lord303

Guild wars for me is a very good game, the combat is cool and the way everything works is really cool, give me raids and PvE combined with PvP and ill be all over that game.

What do you mean? There are "raids". Or there should be in GW2, at least. They were in GW1.

The Deep, something on the Kurzick side, DoA, Stygian, FoW, Underworld, etc.

What do you mean? There are "raids". Or there should be in GW2, at least. They were in GW1.

Guild wars 2 has outdoor world bosses not raids

Good, so you don't have to sacrifice 16 hours a day 7 days a week, like you did with WoW. You can play Guild Wars at the highest level while still maintaining a life.

I'm someone who was in the top Horde NA guild in WoW, we were the first onces to clear Black Temple and kill Illidan. I regret every moment I played that game, I wish I could get my life back from those years.

Yeah when I played WoW, I started during WOTLK. In order to get to experience the high-level content, you had to spend LOADS of time

Any word of a GW2 trial?

Good, so you don't have to sacrifice 16 hours a day 7 days a week, like you did with WoW. You can play Guild Wars at the highest level while still maintaining a life.

I'm someone who was in the top Horde NA guild in WoW, we were the first onces to clear Black Temple and kill Illidan. I regret every moment I played that game, I wish I could get my life back from those years.

Suppose if you want to play a casual game its good for you, im not hating on the game i genuinely think its a really solid game but from my own opinion its pointless without real endgame which is sad because i actually enjoyed playing it and leveling.

Suppose if you want to play a casual game its good for you, im not hating on the game i genuinely think its a really solid game but from my own opinion its pointless without real endgame which is sad because i actually enjoyed playing it and leveling.

You mean you've already reached level 80 and fully explored the game to conclude that there is nothing fun to do endgame?

The game has only been out for a week....

So you haven't played the game fully then?

How can you honestly judge it's endgame if you haven't even experienced it?

Just because it isn't identical to WoW doesn't mean it's bad.

It's fun. It's a hard class to play right. It has potential to be amongst the best in whatever role, the problem is that you have to know EXACTLY what you are doing when you create your talent point build. If you don't do some research and plan out a build based on what you want to do, you will suffer horribly, unlike other classes who can go about just fine with a shitty build.

Fortunately I'm big into theorycrafting and I did my homework, so now I am plowing along, able to fight off groups of 10+ mobs of equal level to me without an issue. But I see in the general chats many engineers complaining about not even being able to 1vs1 something of equal level.

I use a condition(DoT)-damage based build, that is heavy on crits, dual-wielding pistols. (there are skills that cause 50% of your crits to give burning, and 50% to give bleeding, and extend the duration of the conditions, and extend the damage of them). I use these in conjuction with crowd control (glue shot, static shot). All of my "tools" are elixers, because they boost your chance to crit.