Hypothetical "gift"

Emeraldwpn

Got it from /x/. Just read it, don't TL;DR on me.

You rescue an old man who is drowning in a stream in the woods. To thank you, he reveals he can grant you a life like no other. You will live forever, exploring the cosmos for all eternity. Starting as soon as you accept the gift, should you choose to do so, you will be teleported off Earth. You will NEVER be able to return, period.

Every one hundred (Earth) years, you will be teleported to a new world. The world will ALWAYS be inhabited with intelligent life. You will never arrive on a desolate planet, or a planet that is about to be made desolate (by natural disaster, war, plague, or otherwise, though you may arrive during a time of war, it will not end all life or leave you stranded away from life).

You will be able to read, speak, and comprehend any language you encounter. If the species you are around are telepathic, or communicate by emitting light you can't see, you will immediately adapt and understand accordingly. However, as soon as you are out of contact with this species, the ability goes away, so you cannot write in Vulcan or Twi'lek when you are not around them, for example.

You can still feel pain, but your body will adapt to it. Say you arrive on a lava world or an aquatic world, you may experience the pain of burning or drowing once or twice, but you won't die and you will soon no longer feel pain. Any damage that occurs will be instantly repaired, and you will never actually die from this. It should be noted again, you can NEVER die. Your body will always reassemble and become immune to any forms of damage. Your body will not change. You will not grow tentacles or any other alien feature. You will always look human. You will not age. Your body will be made "perfect" however. You will not need to sleep, eat, drink, or any other form. You will be shifted into whatever human form you think is the most desirable, and you will look forever this way. So if you want to be a 3% body fat male, a musclebound WWE freak, or a complete fatass, you can be. Think carefully, though, because you are stuck this way. You may change your hair as you see fit, but that is the extent of your ability to change physically.

If the world you encounter requires basic flight or swimming, your body will not change physically but you will be able to adjust to this world. You will be able to fly by some telepathic force, or propel yourself underwater by the same means.

The species you encounter may love or hate you. You may spend your century there in prison, in a palace, being tortured, etc. That is part of the gamble.

At the end of the 100 years, you will be teleported off, regardless of your current status and whether you want to leave or not.

You will NEVER return to this specific place and time again, though you may be able to return to the same planet, but not the same time, or the same time, but not the same planet.

This gift is NOT bound by time. The universe will never end for you. You will explore its infinite expanse at any point in time. You will never run out of worlds or new races. This is a guarantee.

If the world has space travel, you may leave the planet, but you will not be able to land on another. You may explore the cosmos. If there are space stations, you are able to dock. But any attempt to land on another planet will simply result in a crash that lands you back on your planet for the century.

So, there are a lot of downsides, but there are a lot of perks, too. Do you accept? You can take as much time as you need to ponder this, but if you need to leave or make a call, or text, to decide, the old man will vanish and you will not be able to accept.

Well?

I guess, but despite not being able to see the same people ever again, you'd be forever reminded about them because after meeting that many people you will be bound to find someone similar.

I saw that thread earlier, too. I'm glad I'm not the only one I know who browses /x/. I didn't read it then, though. It was tl;dr for me at the time.

I would accept his offer. The curiosity would be killing me.

And why the hell is an old man with that kind of power drowning in a stream?

Spoiler
founditi.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Doc is Death

Yes, but only because such a hypothetical scenario would eventually allow me to circumvent it's restraints.

Not with that grammar, you won't :youmad:

I saw that thread earlier, too. I'm glad I'm not the only one I know who browses /x/. I didn't read it then, though. It was tl;dr for me at the time. I would accept his offer. The curiosity would be killing me. And why the hell is an old man with that kind of power drowning in a stream?

Spoiler
founditi.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

you're missing A LOT of GREAT stuff on /x/ if you tl;dr a lot.

can i copulate with these other species?

if the answer to this is yes or i can have some kind of intimate relationships then i'd probably accept.

you land on a planet full of asexual creatures that resemble human men, have fun

No, i wouldn't accept the offer. Considering you never die, the average person would mentally break down after being on the first new planet for 100 years. That said, going from planet to planet for an infinite amount of time would eventually become a hell in itself.

Edited by Popeye

I saw that thread earlier, too. I'm glad I'm not the only one I know who browses /x/. I didn't read it then, though. It was tl;dr for me at the time. I would accept his offer. The curiosity would be killing me. And why the hell is an old man with that kind of power drowning in a stream?

Spoiler
founditi.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

you're missing A LOT of GREAT stuff on /x/ if you tl;dr a lot.

It's just, so many tarot card readings and such. And creepypasta I've read before.

I want to read about aliens and Gov conspiracies and shit, not the usual stuff /x/ has to offer. And I only go to /x/ when I get bored of /k/ and /b/

can i copulate with these other species?

if the answer to this is yes or i can have some kind of intimate relationships then i'd probably accept.

you land on a planet full of asexual creatures that resemble human men, have fun

Well, luckily no one but you will know. So, it can be your little secret. ;)<3