snack/junk foods

Bryce

I love Beef Jerky. It's not really junk food but it's my favorite snack. I also really like kettle cooked chips with salt and black pepper. I guess I prefer salty snacks over sweet stuff. But my favorite candy is probably Resees Peanutbutter Cups.

Oh and I drink a ton of Mt. Dew. About 6 cans a day. :o

Edited by GoN Commando

The only time I drink soda is when I am having my weekly spice rum and coke mix, or when I go over someone's house and all they have to drink is soda. Even then, I will try to drink water instead. With that said; I drink water, kool-aid type mixes, and tea (which I consider the kool-aid type mixes).

Snacks: I go from different type of chips, whatever I am craving; fruits here and there; and cookies. Sometimes, I replace any type of deserts with just some alcoholic beverage.

How dare you compare tea to Kool-Aid :hmph:

Because the forms I buy are all powdered. Every so often the lady makes actually tea, then we add sugar. :D

Edited by Emeraldwpn

A few years ago I was like most of you and just drank tons of soda but decided to cut it out. I don't really eat junk food but right now my favourite snack is just throwing some cottage cheese, jello and frozen berries in a blender together, tastes great!

Stop being a cheap bastard and buy some tea leaves :hmph:

Or tea bags. They're much easier to deal with.

Meh, only if you don't have the right stuff. I have a nice French Press that I got on sale for $30 (http://www.amazon.com/Bodum-Chambord-French-Coffee-Chrome/dp/B005ADS5TU/ref=pd_sim_k_1) and does double duty with tea and coffee. Anyway, the bags use garbage shaving essentially swept up off the floor when the real tea is processed. As a general rule of thumb, the bigger the piece of leaf, the higher quality the tea. Once you get to whole leaves, there are a couple of grades higher, but that's too expensive for me to even care about.

All of that said, you will see a pretty substantial difference by simply upgrading from the bag shavings to pieces of leaves that expand to about an inch when submersed.

This is a quick run-through if anyone is actually curious:

http://www.wtea.com/about-tea_grading.aspx

Edited by Joshjrn

When I say "tea", I mean stereotypical English breakfast tea. Not some exotic concoction you make by adding hot water to tea leaf fragments. I LOVE what I'd call tea but really don't like any of the other teas I've ever tried :dan:

You missunderstand. English breakfast is simply a type of blended black tea. I have some at home. Doesn't change the fact that there are grades of it, from powder on up to whole leaf.

I do find it a touch ironic that you decry mixed teas while espousing one :P

Edited by Joshjrn

I tend to do a Dr Pepper a day (16 ounces), skim milk at meals, and water with mixes otherwise.

The problem is I snack all of the time. I just keep eating. Cheez-its, Wheat Thins (I LOVE those), etc. I figure my metabolism will slow down one day though.

Too many foods/snacks to choose. A shorter list would be things I don't like. Asparagus and broccoli.

That's about it. I have a fearsome appetite.

Ya'll should be drinking diet soda if you HAVE to drink soda. And fruits are superfluous if you take a multivitamin, fructose is treated the same metabolically as glucose and they have a surprisingly little amount of fiber.

Eat meat.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/120420105539.htm

Too many foods/snacks to choose. A shorter list would be things I don't like. Asparagus and broccoli.

You've obviously never had my asparagus :hmph:

You've obviously never had my asparagus :hmph: