Guild Wars 2

Doc

I lost interest in this sequel to Guild Wars a long time ago, but after reading http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/dynamic-events/dynamic-events-overview/ , my mind was changed.

It seems as if the makers of Guild Wars, ArenaNet, wish to make this game as MMORPG-ish as possible. They want to break away from the normal mmo scene, and make their game entirely different, if that's even possible in this day (I say that because many major MMORPGs are very alike, look at WoW and Rift. Very similar gameplay, game content, layout of the screen, all that jazz).

A few things that caught my eye on that page I linked above ^ :

At ArenaNet, we believe this is NOT good enough. In Guild Wars 2, if a character tells you ogres are coming to destroy a house, they will really come and smash down the house if you don't stop them!

How they plan on putting this into a game that plans to be open-world like WoW, I have no clue. How they can do that, and have it not interfere with another player's gameplay, I also have no clue.

In GW2, the outcome of every event will directly affect the game world around you. If an enemy dredge army is marching out of their main base, players will be asked to mobilize with their allies and help destroy the army.

This does sound awesome, but World of Warcraft seems to be planning something like this, where the game DOES update as you complete quests and such, in their new 4.2 patch the Firelands.

I'm actually going to leave the thread at that for now, because this posting thing is being a fucking bitch and keeps scrolling when I'm typing, so it's very annoying.

Thoughts?

I simply loved GW (I have all the expansion) but for some reason the game became boring. Not to mention how ArenaNet fucked up the economy be releasing Hard Mode, and farming there is ridicilously easy.

Nevertheless I'm looking forward to GW2, it's already been delayed so much.

Edited by Jeba

I simply loved GW (I have all the expansion) but for some reason the game became boring. Not to mention how ArenaNet fucked up the economy be releasing Hard Mode, and farming there is ridicilously easy.

Nevertheless I'm looking forward to GW2, it's already been delayed so much.

I agree with EVERYTHING you said.

It does seem as if ArenaNet is seeing what players do not like about popular MMORPG's, and they're aiming to fix it.

I wish them the best of luck.

When the Beta comes out, I'll play that. If it's any good I'll get the full game when it's released.

Interesting. This game I used to play used to have something called "Live Quests", where the main map would be invaded by a "boss" monster, along with many of his "henchmen". People would have to band together to kill said monster and clear the main map, it was good fun. But this was a small scale game, and it didn't have any permanent changes such as a destroyed house, so it'll be interesting to see how this will be implemented.

I'm pumped. I played the first one with all of the expansions and was really good with Necros and Dervishes. I tried playing it again a few months ago, but apparently someone took all of my stuff, and all I had was tons of birthday presents. I didn't really feel like spending all of the time getting all of my armor back on 5 levels 20's.

Any thoughts on a release date yet?

I'm pumped. I played the first one with all of the expansions and was really good with Necros and Dervishes. I tried playing it again a few months ago, but apparently someone took all of my stuff, and all I had was tons of birthday presents. I didn't really feel like spending all of the time getting all of my armor back on 5 levels 20's.

Any thoughts on a release date yet?

"When it's ready" is all I know.

In the 43 minute long demo I posted above, the first ~15 minutes is a starting area, and from maybe ~35 - the end they show The Shatterer dynamic event. Around 50 players, I guess, showed up to fight the giant dragon that is The Shatterer. It's a huge creature. The guy commentating it said the Elder dragons are much larger than those. I think the elder dragons are the ones who took over Tyria.

I actually started playing Guild Wars again yesterday. I found out that I enjoy PVP. I also finished the War in Kryta mission series. It was very difficult.

I saw this today:

It is a very interesting video on Guild Wars 2. You'll have to watch it for yourself; I will not discuss it if you have not viewed it.

The above video is well-worth your time, trust me.

Edited by Doc is Death

I tried PvP the other day, my once so overpowered R/P beast mastery tank was nowhere near as good anymore...healing Ritualists are quite fun, but only kept me playing for like 30 minutes.

I watched the video, gun at 1:30? :woeh:

I don't care what they say, Thief still sounds like Assassin...anyway I'm still waiting for this to be released and I'm sure as hell I'll buy it.

I watched the video, gun at 1:30? :woeh:

I don't care what they say, Thief still sounds like Assassin...anyway I'm still waiting for this to be released and I'm sure as hell I'll buy it.

Yeah they said thief will be similar to the assassin :partysmiley01716ok: Theif is gonna have like a stealth form, kinda like the Rogue in WoW

Jeba, if you're playing, add me! Name is Long Haired Redneck. He's a Ranger, and I've been pvping as R/Me as condition spreader, works very well in the jade quarry :thumbup:

I'm just getting ready to say goodbye to the outside world as when this game comes out, it's all downhill from there...

Excited. Probably more excited for Diablo 3 though, if I'm honest.

Nonetheless, this year and next sounds amazing for gaming.

What's your Heroes rank? I only managed to get to R4 before I gave up with the elitist wanting R6+

Don't have one, I was never big on pvp. Now I'm going for Legendary Defender of Ascalon. They made it easier to obtain.

I never did that thing to gain heroes rank, only PvP I did was random arenas and AB...got Deadly gladiator or whatever the 4th title is =}

Did they make HM easier or what you mean by easier to obtain?